Indians Offense Too Much for Bears
The Yakima Bears lost 7-4 to the Spokane Indians Wednesday night at Avista Stadium in Spokane, Washington. A night after hitting four home runs, the Bears hit two more Wednesday, but it wasn't enough as the Indians churned out runs all game long.
The Indians never trailed, scoring runs in the first, second, third, sixth, and seventh innings. The Bears tied the game at 1-1 after a lead-off triple from Jimmy Comerota and a RBI-groundout by Henry Zabala in the second inning. That was the last time the Indians weren't in front.
The other Bears runs were spread out, with Zabala hitting a home run in fourth and Justin Hilt belting a homer in the seventh. Zach Jones reached on an error to start the eighth inning and would eventually score on a Zabala groundout.
Raul Navarro went 2-for-3 with a double and a walk as the Bears were outhit 13-8 in the loss. Comerota finished 2-for-4 with a triple, a stolen base, and a run scored. Zabala ended the game 1-for-4 with a home run and three RBI.
Adam Kudryk fell to 0-2 after taking the loss. The lefty allowed five earned runs on 11 hits. Miles Reagan gave up a pair of runs in a single inning of work. Sammy De Los Santos finished the game for the Bears with a 1-2-3 eighth inning.
With the series tied a 1-1, the Bears wrap up the trip to Spokane with a 6:30 game against the Indians at Avista Stadium Thursday night. Bears lefty John Pedrotty gets the start, and he will go against Indians right-handed pitcher Richard Alvarez.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from June 29, 2011
- Dust Devils Even Series with Hawks - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Indians Get Back on Track with 7-4 Win Over Bears - Spokane Indians
- Hawks Grounded by Tri-City, 5-3 - Boise Hawks
- Indians Offense Too Much for Bears - Yakima Bears
- Boise Hawks Celebrate Fourth of July at Home - Boise Hawks
- 2011 Draft Picks Coming to Tri-City - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Boise Hawks ALS Awareness Night July 4 - Boise Hawks
- Boise Hawks Announce Roster Changes - Boise Hawks
- Tri-City Comes Close in Loss - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Indians Comeback Falls Short in 7-5 Loss to Bears - Spokane Indians
- Bears Blasts Beat Indians in Spokane - Yakima Bears
- Golden Leads Sixth Inning Charge - Boise Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.