Impact in Bologna for the We Love Football Tournament
BOLOGNA, Italy - The Impact U15 begin play in the We Love Football Tournament this Wednesday, at 12:15pm (EDT) against Lokomotiva Zagabria (Croatia). Montreal will then play against AS Roma on Thursday and US Sassuolo on Friday, at the same time, to conclude the group phase.
The qualifying matches will be played from April 20 to 22 and the final will be played at the Stadio Renato Dall'Ara, home of Bologna FC.
"One of our goals is to get out of the group phase," said Impact U15 head coach Dominique Morin. "But before that, it's important to represent the Impact philosophy of play and be good on the field. We want both. I want the players to live good experiences, to be comfortable on the field and to come out of this having learned something."
Montreal is back in Bologna for a second straight year for this high-level competition. Last year, the Impact U15 lost its three group games by one goal only against Atalanta BC, U.C. Sampdoria and AFC Ajax.
In the Development Academy, the Impact U15 is still unbeaten this season with a 14-0-2 record, 71 goals scored and only 12 conceded.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 16, 2019
- LA Galaxy to Host Golf Tournament on June 10 to Benefit LA Galaxy Foundation - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC to Host Aston Villa in International Friendly - Minnesota United FC
- Impact in Bologna for the We Love Football Tournament - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy to Celebrate Protect the Pitch Night Friday at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- This Week at Real Salt Lake - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC Travels North to Take on Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday Evening - Los Angeles FC
- CEFCU Movie Night Series Returns to Avaya Stadium this Summer - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires Panama International Midfielder Omar Browne - Montreal Impact
- MLS Kicks off Fourth Annual MLS WORKS Greener Goals Week of Service - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Impact Opens Training Camp on January 14 in Montreal
- Impact Adds Mistral de Sherbrooke to Its Scouting and Development Centre
- Homegrown Striker Anthony Jackson-Hamel Signs New Impact Contract
- Goalkeeper Clement Diop Signs New Contract with the Impact
- Impact to Play Home Opener on February 29 at the Olympic Stadium