CEFCU Movie Night Series Returns to Avaya Stadium this Summer
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The Movie Night Series, presented by CEFCU, is returning to Avaya Stadium for the second consecutive year in 2019.
The family-friendly event brings films to the stadium's large video board, giving people of all ages an opportunity to share a relaxed outdoor theatre experience with members of their community. The movies will be shown on five consecutive Thursday evenings during the warm summer months in San Jose.
The five films that will be featured in the Movie Night Series include Ralph Breaks the Internet (July 11), Christopher Robin (July 18), Coco (July 25), The Incredibles 2 (Aug. 1) and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Aug. 8).
Ralph Breaks the Internet debuted in 2018 as a sequel to the 2012 film Wreck-it Ralph. It was nominated as the Best Animated Feature at both the Golden Globe Awards and Academy Awards.
Inspired by the Winnie the Pooh books, Christopher Robin premiered in 2018 and earned a nomination for the Family Movie of Year at the People's Choice Awards.
Coco is the story of a young boy named Miguel who chases his dream of becoming an accomplished musician despite his family's objections. Coco grossed more than $800 million worldwide and won more than 60 accolades, including Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song.
Incredibles 2, which premiered in 2018, is the long-awaited sequel to Incredibles from 2004. Grossing more than $1.2 billion worldwide, Incredibles 2 won a People's Choice Award, a Kids' Choice Award and a Teen Choice Award, among others.
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was the first animated film in the Spider-Man series. Rated as fifth-best film of 2018 by IMDb, it won Best Animated Film at the Golden Globe Awards, the Critics' Choice Awards and the Academy Awards.
Fans are encouraged to RSVP here.
July 11, 6:30 p.m. - Ralph Breaks the Internet
July 18, 6:30 p.m. - Christopher Robin
July 25, 6:30 p.m. - Coco
Aug. 1, 6:30 p.m. - Incredibles 2
Aug. 8, 6:30 p.m. - Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 16, 2019
- LA Galaxy to Host Golf Tournament on June 10 to Benefit LA Galaxy Foundation - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC to Host Aston Villa in International Friendly - Minnesota United FC
- Impact in Bologna for the We Love Football Tournament - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy to Celebrate Protect the Pitch Night Friday at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- This Week at Real Salt Lake - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC Travels North to Take on Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday Evening - Los Angeles FC
- CEFCU Movie Night Series Returns to Avaya Stadium this Summer - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires Panama International Midfielder Omar Browne - Montreal Impact
- MLS Kicks off Fourth Annual MLS WORKS Greener Goals Week of Service - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Chris Wondolowski scores four goals to break all-time MLS record
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Breaks All-Time MLS Goals Record
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 13, 2019
- Avaya Stadium to Host Cruz Azul vs. Atlas on July 10
- Vako scores first goal of season; Quakes snap four-match unbeaten streak