IceRays fall to Jackalopes 2-1
In the second meeting of the year between the Corpus Christi IceRays and the Odessa Jackalopes, defense was once again the theme on Saturday Night. Jackalopes forward Colin Circelli broke a 1-1 tie in the third period to give the Jacks their first lead and it held as the difference in a 2-1 Odessa victory. The IceRays completed their three game week, picking up three of a possible six points, and moved their record to 7-9-2 on the year. The IceRays return to the American Bank Center next Thursday for Texas Lottery Night on Z-95 College Night when the IceRays host the Laredo Bucks at 7:05pm. For more information, please contact the IceRays at 361-814-PUCK.
The IceRays got the lone goal of the opening period when Chris Richards came out of the left corner and snapped a shot far side past Alexandre Vincent on a two-man advantage at 11:02. The goal was the sixth of the week for Richards and his team-leading 13th of the season. The Jacks outshot the IceRays 11-6, but the Rays took a lead into the first intermission for the third time in as many games this week.
The Jackalopes got on the board with the lone goal of the second period when Kory Karlander scored on a rebound from the bottom of the slot at 10:40. The Jacks had a two-man advantage late in the period for over a minute, but the IceRays penalty kill was solid and kept the game tied 1-1 entering the third. The Jacks outshot the IceRays 14-4 in the period.
Circelli scored on a rebound from the slot at 3:13 of the third period to give the Jackalopes the lead and the eventual 2-1 win.
Kris Tebbs (5-5-2) took the loss making 37 saves on 39 shots while Vincent (5-2-1) earned the win with 12 saves on 13 shots. The IceRays power play went 1-8 while the Jackalopes went 0-8 on the man advantage. The IceRays were outshot by the Jacks 39-13.
The IceRays return to the American Bank Center to next Thursday Night for Texas Lottery Night on Z-95 College Night when the IceRays host the rival Laredo Bucks at 7:05pm. College students receive $2 off of tickets with their school ID. Tickets to all IceRays games are on sale now at all Ticketmaster outlets or the American Bank Center Box Office. For more information, please call the IceRays at 361.814.PUCK or online at www.ccrayz.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2008
- Early Burst Sets Up Eagles Win vs. Rage - Colorado Eagles
- Rush Stop RiverKings in the Hills, 3-2 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rage Outplay Eagles but Lose, 4-2 - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Amarillo explodes in first period en route to 6-3 win - Amarillo Gorillas
- Five Goal First Period Leads Amarillo To Win - New Mexico Scorpions
- Perry Explodes for Four Points as Sundogs Snap Five-Game Losing Streak - Arizona Sundogs
- Bugs Silence Thunder Again - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Brahmas earn point, lose to Bucks in shootout - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Comeback Falls Short Against Bossier - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Bull Brahmas In Shootout 2-1 - Laredo Bucks
- IceRays fall to Jackalopes 2-1 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Jacks Win Another Close One, 2-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Jacks Facts - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Collect 282 Toys, Thank You Laredo - Laredo Bucks
- Bucks, Brahmas Tangle Tonight - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi IceRays Stories
- Don'T Forget About Justin Quenneville's Retirement Party Tonight
- IceRays Host Street Hockey Challenge
- IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas
- IceRays Fall 5-4 In Overtime To Brahmas, Trail Series 1-0
- IceRays Beat Killer Bees 6-3 In Regular Season Finale