Ice Pilots Skid To Victory In Wolves' Den
BILOXI, MS - The Mississippi Sea Wolves dropped their fifth straight game to the Pensacola Ice Pilots by the score of 5-4 at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum on Tuesday evening.
Mike Egener's goal at 8:03 of the first period game Mississippi a 1-0 lead, but Pensacola thundered right back with three unanswered goals. Dan Sullivan popped in the rebound of Bryan McGregor's shot at 9;55 to even the score at one apiece. Michael Cohen one-timed Phil Youngclaus' pass past Sea Wolves goalie Morgan Cey to give Pensacola a 2-1 lead. Mathieu Roy found a loose puck in the crease and poked it in for a power-play goal at 14:57 of the first period.
Kyle McAllister's 10th goal of the season, a power-play marker at 2:34 of the second, drew the Sea Wolves within one. Lance Monych tied the game at three with his 25th goal of the season at 5:47, a power-play blast from the left wing.
The Ice Pilots regained the lead when Sullivan scored his second of the game, finding the loose puck in a goalmouth schmozzle at 8:44. At 11:38, Patrick Bordeleau would score the game-winner when Sullivan sprung him on a breakaway and he tucked the puck past Cey for a 5-3 Pensacola lead. Marek Kvapil drew the Sea Wolves within one with 14:46, and had another chance less than a minute later, but Mississippi failed to tie the game.
Morgan Cey made 24 saves, earning the loss, and Mississippi was 1-for-4 on the power play.
The Sea Wolves are back home on Saturday against the Gwinnett Gladiators! Catch two games for the price of one as Sea Wolves and ECHL Alumni face off against NHL Alumni and Celebrities in the first-ever Mississippi Coast Challenge at 4:30 p.m. Admission is free with the purchase of a game ticket! For more information, call 228.275.WOLF!
NOTE: Fans attending the games on Thursday and Saturday should allow extra time to arrive at the arena and park due to construction on U.S. 90 in Biloxi.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 19, 2008
- Ice Pilots Skid To Victory In Wolves' Den - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Captain Sullivan Lifts Ice Pilots to Huge 5-4 WIN at Mississippi - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Losing Streak Goes Down In Flames; Jackals Douse The Devils 6-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Devils Bitten by Jackals, 6-2 - Trenton Devils
- Chiefs' Search For Rock Stars Continues - Johnstown Chiefs
- Zbynek Hrdel Reassigned To Mississippi - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Bakersfield climbs into tie for final playoff spot with Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Turple Called Up to AHL Grand Rapids - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Grumet-Morris Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Grumet-Morris Named Rbk Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fresno Falcons Host San Diego Chicken One Final Time - Fresno Falcons
- Step Back in Time with the Inferno - Columbia Inferno
- Jackals Add May And Donati For Dance With The Devils - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Acquire Grimaldi from Fresno - Atlanta Gladiators
- Devils Shake Off Scoring Slump - Trenton Devils
- Stuart MacRae Reacquired in Trade with Gwinnett - Fresno Falcons
- Brodeur's Back, Will be in Uniform at Mississippi Tonight - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Familiar forward Shane Hynes back with Augusta Lynx - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Truelson nets two, but Condors fall 4-3 in Vegas - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Ground Condors, 4-3 - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.