Devils Bitten by Jackals, 6-2
ELMIRA, NY (February 19, 2008) - The Trenton Devils fell to the Elmira Jackals 6-2 Tuesday night in a game littered with minor penalties. Matt Radoslovich gained a season-high three-game goal streak with an equalizing tally in the loss.
Twenty-five infractions were committed in the contest, but neither side could create much with the opportunities the penalties generated. The Devils shut down Elmira on nine of ten chances, including three minutes of five-on-three disadvantages. But Trenton could not convert on their own opportunities, going scoreless on ten tries.
The first period generated several high-quality scoring chances for both teams, who combined for 26 shots on net.
Elmira jumped on the board first, taking advantage of an early Trenton penalty. While Bill LeClerc was coming onto the ice following a successful two minute penalty kill, Trevor Hendrikx blasted a shot from the slot into the back of Jason Smith's net.
Trenton responded 7:27 into the first frame, when Matt Radoslovich continued his hot streak with his fourth goal of the season, hammering home a loose puck in front of netminder Ervins Mustikovs.
Radoslovich has four points in his last three games and is on a three-game goal streak.
The Devils jumped ahead a minute later with Joe Rooney's ninth of the night. The Devils forward also has a three-game point streak with the tally, a snapshot assisted by Matt Cohen and Brad Mills.
After a quiet first half of the second period, Elmira broke through with three unanswered goals. Benoit Doucet, Chaz Johnson, and Frank Littlejohn all notched markers in a seven minute span. Doucet's came on a third-chance rebound on Elmira's seventh power play chance, while Johnson's and Littlejohn's were netted on odd-man rushes.
Two more goals in the third frame finished the score at 6-2. Jason Smith picked up the loss, making 26 saves on 32 shots; Ervins Mustukovs gained his first ECHL win of his career in his first game with 30 out of 32 shots stopped.
The Trenton Devils continue their road trip with a contest against the Reading Royal this Friday from the Sovereign Center in Reading, PA at 7:05. Tune into WTSR 91.3 or go online to www.trentondevils.com and listen or watch live courtesy of B2 Networks.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 19, 2008
- Ice Pilots Skid To Victory In Wolves' Den - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Captain Sullivan Lifts Ice Pilots to Huge 5-4 WIN at Mississippi - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Losing Streak Goes Down In Flames; Jackals Douse The Devils 6-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Devils Bitten by Jackals, 6-2 - Trenton Devils
- Chiefs' Search For Rock Stars Continues - Johnstown Chiefs
- Zbynek Hrdel Reassigned To Mississippi - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Bakersfield climbs into tie for final playoff spot with Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Turple Called Up to AHL Grand Rapids - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Grumet-Morris Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Grumet-Morris Named Rbk Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fresno Falcons Host San Diego Chicken One Final Time - Fresno Falcons
- Step Back in Time with the Inferno - Columbia Inferno
- Jackals Add May And Donati For Dance With The Devils - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Acquire Grimaldi from Fresno - Atlanta Gladiators
- Devils Shake Off Scoring Slump - Trenton Devils
- Stuart MacRae Reacquired in Trade with Gwinnett - Fresno Falcons
- Brodeur's Back, Will be in Uniform at Mississippi Tonight - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Familiar forward Shane Hynes back with Augusta Lynx - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Truelson nets two, but Condors fall 4-3 in Vegas - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Ground Condors, 4-3 - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.