Brodeur's Back, Will be in Uniform at Mississippi Tonight
PENSACOLA, FL - Goaltender Mike Brodeur has been reassigned by the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks to the Ice Pilots and will be in uniform tonight when the team visits Biloxi to take on the Mississippi Sea Wolves.
Brodeur dressed in Sunday afternoon's Chicago Blackhawks 2-1 win over the Colorado Avalanche before a sellout crowd at United Center.
He has spent time between Pensacola and AHL affiliate Rockford this season. Brodeur played 80 minutes with the IceHogs, going 1-0-0 with a 2.25 GAA and a 0.944 save percentage. The 24 year old native of Calgary, AB appeared in 18 games with the Ice Pilots, going 5-7-4 with a 3.18 GAA, a 0.909 save percentage and a shut out. Brodeur was named ECHL Goalie of the Week for the week of February 4-10.
This is the first of five remaining meetings between the Gulf Coast rivals as the Ice Pilots are 3-3-1 against the Sea Wolves this season. The two teams will get reacquainted on Sunday in Biloxi and the final three meetings will come in the last seven days of the season with two of them at the Hangar.
The Ice Pilots are 4-4-2 in their last ten games and this contest will officially conclude the season long six game road trip. The Sea Wolves are 4-6-0 in their last ten and have lost four consecutive games.
Don't miss the hard hitting, exciting action, as the Ice Pilots' next home game is Friday, February 22 at 7:05 p.m. vs. Gwinnett at the Civic Center. It is College Night, as tickets are just $5 for students, faculty and family. Group Tickets and Military Packages are still available through the Ice Pilots office. For more information, or to reserve your seats, call (850) 432-PUCK, or visit the Ice Pilots web site at www.icepilots.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 19, 2008
- Ice Pilots Skid To Victory In Wolves' Den - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Captain Sullivan Lifts Ice Pilots to Huge 5-4 WIN at Mississippi - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Losing Streak Goes Down In Flames; Jackals Douse The Devils 6-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Devils Bitten by Jackals, 6-2 - Trenton Devils
- Chiefs' Search For Rock Stars Continues - Johnstown Chiefs
- Zbynek Hrdel Reassigned To Mississippi - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Bakersfield climbs into tie for final playoff spot with Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Turple Called Up to AHL Grand Rapids - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Grumet-Morris Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Grumet-Morris Named Rbk Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fresno Falcons Host San Diego Chicken One Final Time - Fresno Falcons
- Step Back in Time with the Inferno - Columbia Inferno
- Jackals Add May And Donati For Dance With The Devils - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Acquire Grimaldi from Fresno - Atlanta Gladiators
- Devils Shake Off Scoring Slump - Trenton Devils
- Stuart MacRae Reacquired in Trade with Gwinnett - Fresno Falcons
- Brodeur's Back, Will be in Uniform at Mississippi Tonight - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Familiar forward Shane Hynes back with Augusta Lynx - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Truelson nets two, but Condors fall 4-3 in Vegas - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Ground Condors, 4-3 - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.