ICE Close out Home Stand against Moose Jaw
The ICE and the Warriors will meet for only the second time this season.. The Warriors got the best of the ICE in the previous meeting by a score of 3-2 in Moose Jaw.
The ICE come into this one winners of four of their last five games on this season long nine game home stand. Most recently picking up wins over the Red Deer Rebels, Prince George Cougars, Calgary Hitmen and the Victoria Royals a night ago.
The ICE look to use their home ice advantage again tonight after winning their last game here at the ICE Cave which moved their record to 7-3-0-0 over the last ten games. The Warriors have found themselves in a rough patch moving their record over the last ten games to 2-8-0-0 and will look to get back on track tonight.
The ICE currently sit one point ahead of the Prince Albert Raiders in the East Division, but have one game in hand.
MOOSE JAW WARRIORS
Last 10 Games:
1st East Division | 4th Eastern Conf.
6th East Division | 11th Eastern Conf.
LAST GAME - 5-2 WIN OVER VICTORIA: The ICE were looking to get back in the win column against the Victoria Royals on Saturday night after a tough 3-2 loss against Calgary last Sunday.
The Royals started off hot as Gary Haden and Tarun Fizer put them up 2-0 after the first period. The shots were 14-12 in favour of the ICE in the period. Liam Hughes and Adam Evanoff both received the starts for their respective teams.
It was the ICE who flipped the script in the second period as they scored three unanswered goals to take a 3-2 lead into the second intermission. Michael Milne, Cole Muir, and Michal Teply got the goals for the ICE.
The ICE scored two more goals in the third with Teply scoring his second of the night, and Isaac Johnson scoring a beautiful goal to seal a 5-2 win for the ICE. The goal saw Johnson finish with four points, one goal and three assists. The shots ended 39-22 in favor of the ICE, as Liam Hughes sealed another win.
ICE 2019-20 Club Leaders:
Goals: Connor McClennon (21)
Assists: Isaac Johnson (33)
Points: Isaac Johnson (51)
PIMS: Jackson Leppard (63)
Plus/ Minus: Carson Lambos (+14)
Wins: Liam Hughes (13)
WARRIORS 2019-20 Club Leaders:
Goals: Owen Hardy (20)
Assists: Ryder Korczak (35)
Points: Ryder Korczak (49)
PIMS: Owen Hardy (78)
Plus/ Minus: Brock Gould (0)
Wins: Boston Bilous (16)
VS MOOSE JAW THIS SEASON: The Winnipeg ICE are 0-1-0-0 against the Warriors this season.
NEXT UP: Below are the next three games for the Winnipeg ICE:
Wednesday, January 29th - Winnipeg @ Calgary
Friday, January 31 - Winnipeg @ Red Deer
Saturday, February 1 - Winnipeg @ Edmonton
Tickets to tonight's game are available and can be purchased HERE
Family of four packs (2 adult and 2 youth tickets) are available to any Winnipeg ICE home game. If you purchase a family of four pack HERE, each ticket receives one free popcorn and one free drink! Birthday packages are also available HERE and each ticket to the birthday package receives one free popcorn and one free drink!
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 26, 2020
- ICE Edge Warriors 5-4 in Sunday Night Showdown - Winnipeg Ice
- Warriors Push Late But Come up Short in Winnipeg - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Win Streak Snapped with 4-1 Loss at Everett - Spokane Chiefs
- Rally in Regina Falls Short in Overtime - Saskatoon Blades
- Dubinsky Tallies in OT to Lift Pats - Regina Pats
- Hitmen Take Third Straight, Sweep Rebels - Calgary Hitmen
- Hitmen Strike for Two Early Third-Period Goals to Sink Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Minor Hockey Skills Clinic Presented by Maple Leaf Construction - Winnipeg Ice
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Sunday, January 26 vs. Red Deer - Calgary Hitmen
- Blades Fall 3-2 to Oil Kings in Contentious Loss - Saskatoon Blades
- ICE Close out Home Stand against Moose Jaw - Winnipeg Ice
- Game Day Preview: Pats Host First Meeting of 2019-20 Season with Saskatoon Sunday - Regina Pats
- Americans Struggle with Special Teams, Fall 7-2 to Spokane - Tri-City Americans
- Cougars Halt Hot Blazers, 3-1 - Prince George Cougars
- Geraghty Signs with Tri-City - Tri-City Americans
- Rebels Fail to Follow Blueprint in Loss to Hitmen - Red Deer Rebels
- Offense Explodes in 7-2 Drubbing of Americans - Spokane Chiefs
- Giants Earn a Single Point in An OT Loss to the Rockets - Vancouver Giants
- 6-5 Final Ends Win Streak at 10 Games - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rockets make it two in a row in overtime - Kelowna Rockets
- Portland Pots Six in Shootout Win against Seattle - Portland Winterhawks
- Kaluski's Hat Trick Leads Broncos to Win over Warriors - Swift Current Broncos
- Tigers Defeat Raiders 4-3 in a Shootout - Medicine Hat Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.