Hustle Face Another Three Games in Four Days Gauntlet
The Memphis Hustle will face another road-home back-to-back set this weekend before its final home game for three weeks on Monday. The team will look to avenge Sunday's loss to Iowa on Friday at Landers Center at 7 p.m. The following day, the Hustle fly to the Texas state capitol to take on the Austin Spurs at 7 p.m. at H-E-B Center. The team will then return to the Mid-South for its first matchup with the Texas Legends on Monday at 7 p.m.
The Hustle had a chance to put the Wolves away Sunday but couldn't do so, allowing a 15-3 run to end the game. It was the team's first game without Grizzlies assignee Jevon Carter and the team's second without leading scorer Brandon Goodwin, who was recently called up by the Nuggets, so it was an adjustment offensively. Expect Carter and fellow Grizzlies assignee Ivan Rabb in Southaven Friday, as well as two-way player Yuta Watanabe.
Memphis will then switch roles from predator to prey when the team heads to Austin. The Hustle put a pretty memorable beatdown on the defending G League champs earlier in the season, routing the Spurs 132-86 at Landers Center November 11. The Spurs have rebounded nicely and are currently sitting at 7-5 and in fourth place in the Western Conference.
Monday's game will be a time for reunions as former Hustle and Tigers forward Trahson Burrell returns to Landers Center. A key piece for the majority of the Hustle's inaugural season, Burrell spent the remainder of the season in Greece playing for Maccabi Haifa. Additionally, Daryl Macon, former college teammate and fellow Little Rock native of Dusty Hannahs, joins the Legends on a two-way contract with the Mavericks. The Legends are currently 6-8.
Hustle Stats to Watch
Harvey's Dent: After averaging 6.6 points through the team's first 10 games, Tyler Harvey stepped up and exploded on 12/2 at Iowa in the absence of Brandon Goodwin, following his call-up, and Jevon Carter following his recall to the Grizzlies. The Eastern Washington product scored 27 points, falling two points shy of a career-high 27 points (10-19 FG) and tying a team season-high with six three-pointers. Harvey also collected six assists and five rebounds.
Dusty Buckets Resurgent: After a hot start to end last season, Dusty Hannahs struggled out of the gate in 2018-19 but seems to have found his stride in recent games. Over his last six, Hannahs is averaging 17.8 points on 58.2 percent shooting while making his three-pointers at a 46.9 percent clip. In his last three games, he has hit the 20-point plateau on each occasion, averaging 22.0 points on 56.8 percent overall and 44.4 percent from three Familiar Faces
Legends forward Trahson Burrell spent 32 games (22 starts) with the Hustle last season, averaging 13.3 points, 8.5 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.53 steals per game... Burrell played collegiately at the University of Memphis.
Legends two-way player Daryl Macon and Dusty Hannahs were teammates for one season at Arkansas (2016-17) and are both Little Rock natives.
Wolves forward Hakim Warrick was selected 19th overall by the Memphis Grizzlies in the 2005 NBA Draft... Warrick spent his first four professional seasons in Memphis.
Wolves guard Jonathan Stark is native of Munford, Tenn.
Wolves forward William Lee played with the 2018 Memphis Grizzlies Summer League team.
Hustle head coach Brad Jones was the head coach of the then Austin Toros from 2010-12, winning a league championship in 2012 and setting the franchise record for wins in a season (33).
Hustle assistant coach Alex Lloyd was on Jones' staff in Austin.
Lloyd and Spurs guard Jordan Green spent one season together (2014-15) at Texas A&M.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 6, 2018
- Balanced Blue Takes Down Red Claws - Oklahoma City Blue
- Charge Enjoy Record-Breaking Victory - Canton Charge
- Blue Run Past Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Hustle Face Another Three Games in Four Days Gauntlet - Memphis Hustle
- New Orleans Pelicans Recall Kenrich Williams from Westchester - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Magic Waive Byron Mullens - Lakeland Magic
- Princess Night December 15 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Buster's Birthday December 13 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Brown Jr. and White Assigned to Go-Go, Randle Reacquired - Capital City Go-Go
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Isaac Bonga from South Bay - South Bay Lakers
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Daniel Hamilton to Erie BayHawks of NBA G League - Erie BayHawks
- Santa Cruz Warriors Clamp Down on Sioux Falls Skyforce 113-102 at Home Tonight - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Maten, Skyforce Fall 113-102 to Warriors - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Clippers Rally Back, Fall Short to Vipers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Vipers Heat up against the Clippers of Ontario - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jackson Shines in Debut against Stars - Texas Legends
- Stars Earn Comeback Win in Texas - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Hustle Guard Tarik Phillip Signs with Washington Wizards
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Dusty Hannahs to 10-Day Contract
- Rio Grande Valley Gets Red-Hot from Three-Point Range to Eliminate Hustle from G League Playoffs
- Memphis Hustle to Host Hustle Budweiser Watch Party for Friday's Playoff Game at Buffalo Wild Wings in Southaven
- Strowbridge's Dagger Sends Hustle to Conference Semifinals