Clippers Rally Back, Fall Short to Vipers
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Agua Caliente Clippers (5-7) were unable to complete their rally as they fall to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (7-6), 133-124, on Wednesday night.
After the Clippers fought back from a large deficit, Brandon Sampson's clutch three-pointer with 34 seconds left in the game gave the Vipers a 129-124 lead. Sampson led the game with 31 points.
The Vipers were on fire in the first half, scoring a season-high 74 points while shooting 57 percent from the field and going 10-of-19 from three-point range. Center Isaiah Hartenstein, on assignment from NBA affiliate Houston Rockets, opened the game on the finishing end of an alley oop. His 15 first half points led Rio Grande Valley to a 74-54 lead going into the break.
Hartenstein flirted with a triple-double, finishing with 22 points, nine rebounds, and eight assists.
The Clippers fought back in the second half, cutting the 20-point half time deficit to single-digits by the end of the third. Two-way player Angel Delgado led the way for Agua, scoring 12 third quarter points and pulling down 5 rebounds. His three-pointer with 4.9 seconds left in the third would bring the Clippers to within seven points.
Delgado finished with his eighth double-double of the season, leading the team with 24 points and a game-high 18 rebounds.
The Clippers travel to Des Moines on Sunday to face off against the Iowa Wolves in the second of a three-game season series. The game will tip off at 2 p.m. (PST) at the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, Iowa.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 6, 2018
- Balanced Blue Takes Down Red Claws - Oklahoma City Blue
- Charge Enjoy Record-Breaking Victory - Canton Charge
- Blue Run Past Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Hustle Face Another Three Games in Four Days Gauntlet - Memphis Hustle
- New Orleans Pelicans Recall Kenrich Williams from Westchester - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Magic Waive Byron Mullens - Lakeland Magic
- Princess Night December 15 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Buster's Birthday December 13 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Brown Jr. and White Assigned to Go-Go, Randle Reacquired - Capital City Go-Go
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Isaac Bonga from South Bay - South Bay Lakers
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Daniel Hamilton to Erie BayHawks of NBA G League - Erie BayHawks
- Santa Cruz Warriors Clamp Down on Sioux Falls Skyforce 113-102 at Home Tonight - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Maten, Skyforce Fall 113-102 to Warriors - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Clippers Rally Back, Fall Short to Vipers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Vipers Heat up against the Clippers of Ontario - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jackson Shines in Debut against Stars - Texas Legends
- Stars Earn Comeback Win in Texas - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario Announce Open Tryouts
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado & Johnathan Motley Earn All-G League Honors
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado Named 2018-19 NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Last Second Shot Eliminates Clips from Playoff Contention
- Win over Swarm Bolsters Clips Playoff Hopes