Charge Enjoy Record-Breaking Victory
CANTON, OH - The Canton Charge (6-6), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, set multiple offensive franchise records in a 151-125 victory over the Long Island Nets (8-4) at the Memorial Civic Center on Thursday night.
Canton's 151 total points and 83 in the first half were both new franchise records, with the latter record having been set originally on Feb. 12th of 2012. The Charge hit 35-of-58 from the field (60%) in the first half and turned the ball over just three times. Canton moved the ball for a season-high 33 assists on 62 field goals, with Scoochie Smith becoming the fourth Charge player to dish out a franchise-best 16 assists in a single game, tying a mark set by Quinn Cook and tied twice last season by London Perrantes.
Four Charge players scored 20+ points, led by a season-high 25 from Bonzie Colson II with 11 boards in 24 minutes for his fourth double-double of the season. Levi Randolph netted a season-high 25 points on 10-of-13 shooting in 34 minutes off the bench. JaCorey Williams also came in off the bench to score 20 on 10-of-11 shooting with seven boards in 26 minutes. Kobi Simmons scored 20 points in 27 minutes to round out the quartet.
Kamari Murphy led Long Island with 25 points and 12 rebounds with two blocks in 33 minutes. Dzanan Musa scored 22 points in 26 minutes on assignment from Brooklyn.
The first 2,000 fans at our Holiday Celebration presented by The Salvation Army on December 8th at 7:00 p.m. will receive a Charge fleece blanket (TV: Facebook Live; RADIO: 99.7 FM). For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 6, 2018
- Balanced Blue Takes Down Red Claws - Oklahoma City Blue
- Charge Enjoy Record-Breaking Victory - Canton Charge
- Blue Run Past Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Hustle Face Another Three Games in Four Days Gauntlet - Memphis Hustle
- New Orleans Pelicans Recall Kenrich Williams from Westchester - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Magic Waive Byron Mullens - Lakeland Magic
- Princess Night December 15 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Buster's Birthday December 13 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Brown Jr. and White Assigned to Go-Go, Randle Reacquired - Capital City Go-Go
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Isaac Bonga from South Bay - South Bay Lakers
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Daniel Hamilton to Erie BayHawks of NBA G League - Erie BayHawks
- Santa Cruz Warriors Clamp Down on Sioux Falls Skyforce 113-102 at Home Tonight - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Maten, Skyforce Fall 113-102 to Warriors - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Clippers Rally Back, Fall Short to Vipers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Vipers Heat up against the Clippers of Ontario - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jackson Shines in Debut against Stars - Texas Legends
- Stars Earn Comeback Win in Texas - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Canton Charge Stories
- Update on Dan Gilbert's Health
- Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Monsters and Canton Charge Announce New-Look-Game Entertainment Teams
- Salt Lake City Summer League Announces Game Schedule
- Running of the Bulls - Charge Cap off Campaign with Win
- Charge Stall in Grand Rapids