Balanced Blue Takes Down Red Claws
PORTLAND, Maine - The Oklahoma City Blue (10-2) defeated the Maine Red Claws (4-9), 108-96, on Thursday night in the first matchup of a four-game road trip.
Oklahoma City gained control of the game early on, ending the first quarter up 33-23 and maintaining a double-digit distance for the remainder of the contest. The Blue entered halftime with a 14-point advantage before expanding that to as many as 27 points in the third behind KJ McDaniel's perfect 5-for-5 shooting as he scored 11 of his 14 points within the frame.
Maine responded with a 21-6 run to start the fourth as they narrowed the gap to 11 midway through the quarter, but they were unable to trim the deficit to single digits as the Blue earned its fourth consecutive victory.
Bryce Alford led all scorers with his 22 points, four assists and three rebounds, draining five shots from beyond the arc. Dez Wells was close behind, registering 21 points, six rebounds, five assists and three steals.
Richard Solomon notched a double-double of 15 points and game-best 11 rebounds in his first game back with the Blue after representing Team USA in the FIBA World Cup Qualifiers. Abdul Gaddy went 7-for-9 from the field and 2-for-2 from three-point range to record 17 points, nine assists and three rebounds.
Six of the eight Blue players that saw game action finished in double figures. Oklahoma City outshot Maine 54.8 percent to 37.4 percent from the floor and 48.0 percent to 20.9 percent from beyond the arc while outscoring them 15-4 on the fast break.
Vitto Brown led the Red Claws with 20-points and six rebounds. Two-way player PJ Dozier was close behind with 18 points, seven assists, five rebounds, three steals and two blocks.
The Blue will return to action when the team faces the Westchester Knicks on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 6 p.m. inside Westchester County Center in White Plains, N.Y.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 6, 2018
- Balanced Blue Takes Down Red Claws - Oklahoma City Blue
- Charge Enjoy Record-Breaking Victory - Canton Charge
- Blue Run Past Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Hustle Face Another Three Games in Four Days Gauntlet - Memphis Hustle
- New Orleans Pelicans Recall Kenrich Williams from Westchester - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Magic Waive Byron Mullens - Lakeland Magic
- Princess Night December 15 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Buster's Birthday December 13 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Brown Jr. and White Assigned to Go-Go, Randle Reacquired - Capital City Go-Go
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Isaac Bonga from South Bay - South Bay Lakers
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Daniel Hamilton to Erie BayHawks of NBA G League - Erie BayHawks
- Santa Cruz Warriors Clamp Down on Sioux Falls Skyforce 113-102 at Home Tonight - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Maten, Skyforce Fall 113-102 to Warriors - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Clippers Rally Back, Fall Short to Vipers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Vipers Heat up against the Clippers of Ontario - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jackson Shines in Debut against Stars - Texas Legends
- Stars Earn Comeback Win in Texas - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Blue Stories
- Oklahoma City Announces Coaching Staff Updates
- Oklahoma City Acquires Returning Player Rights to Beau Beech and First-Round Draft Pick
- Thunder Signs Devon Hall to Two-Way Contract
- Oklahoma City Blue Announces 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule
- Oklahoma City Wins Overtime Nail-Biter