Houston Dynamo FC Draw 1-1 with LAFC at BBVA Stadium
HOUSTON - Houston Dynamo FC earned a point in a 1-1 draw with Los Angeles FC at BBVA Stadium this afternoon.
Dynamo forward Tyler Pasher scored the equalizer and his first MLS goal in the 57th minute. Houston forward Fafa Picault found Pasher between two LAFC defenders inside the box and the Canadian winger tapped the ball past the LAFC shot stopper. Pasher has now contributed to three of the four goals scored by Houston this season.
LAFC got on the board in the 55th minute when forward Corey Baird got on the end of a pass from midfielder Latif Blessing outside the six yard box.
Dynamo forward Maxi Urruti had one of Houston's best chances in the first half when Dynamo midfielder Memo Rodriguez fed him a corner in the 17th minute. Urruti, surrounded by three LAFC defenders, tried to slot in a ball from the back post but couldn't find the back of the net. A minute later, Rodriguez himself took a chance from outside the box, ripping a left-footed shot inches off from the right side of the goal.
In the 42nd minute, Dynamo midfielder Joe Corona's right-footed effort from the edge of the box forced the first of three saves from LAFC goalkeeper Pablo Sisniega. That save led to the Dynamo's seventh corner-kick of the first half. Houston had a second chance from the corner kick when Dynamo defender Tim Parker headed a ball that ended up going over the crossbar.
Los Angeles' first opportunity came in the eighth minute after a ball was filtered into the box that found Los Angeles forward Diego Rossi, who's shot was blocked by Dynamo goalkeeper Marko Maric. Four minutes later, LAFC midfielder Eduard Atuesta fed Rossi a through-ball between the Houston defensive line to give the Uruguayan a prime opportunity in front of Maric, who made a heroic save with his left hand, stopping the ball from going into goal. The Dynamo shot stopper finished with three saves and raised $1,500 through the Every Save Makes a Difference program.
The Dynamo will travel to Frisco, Texas next Saturday for the first leg of the Texas Derby with FC Dallas. Houston returns to BBVA Stadium at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 12 to host Sporting Kansas City.
Houston Dynamo FC (1-1-1; 4 pts.) 1-1 Los Angeles FC (1-0-2; 5 pts.)
MLS Regular Season - Week 3
BBVA Stadium - Houston, Texas
TEAM 1H 2H FT
Houston Dynamo FC 0 1 1
LAFC 0 1 1
LAFC: Corey Baird 1 (Latif Blessing 1, Mark-Antony Kaye 1) 55
HOU: Tyler Pasher 1 (Fafa Picault 1, Adam Lundkvist 1) 57
Houston Dynamo FC: Marko Mariæ; Adam Lundkvist, Boniek García (C), Tim Parker, Zarek Valentin; Memo Rodriguez (Darwin Cerén 59'), Matías Vera, Joe Corona (Derrick Jones 70); Tyler Pasher (Darwin Quintero 59'), Maxi Urruti (Ariel Lassiter 70), Fafa Picault (Christian Ramirez 90+4)
Unused substitutes: Michael Nelson, Maynor Figueroa, Alejandro Fuenmayor, Jose Bizama
Total shots: 12 (Memo Rodriguez 3); Shots on goal: 4 (Joe Corona 1, Tyler Pasher 1); Fouls: 12 (Joe Corona 2); Offside: 4 (Fafa Picault 3); Corner kicks: 8 (Tyler Pasher 6); Saves: 3 (Marko Maric 3)
Los Angeles FC: Pablo Sisniega; Marco Farfan, Diego Palacios (Tristan Blackmon 86), Jesus David Murillo, Eddie Segura; Latif Blessing, Corey Baird, Mark-Anthony Kaye (Danny Musovski 76); Eduard Atuesta (C), Diego Rossi, Kwadwo Opoku (Jose Cifuentes 57)
Unused substitutes: Tomas Romero, Antonio Leone, Alvaro Quezada, Raheem Edwards, Bryce Duke, Francisco Ginella
Total shots: 10 (Corey Baird and Eduard Atuesta tied with 3); Shots on goal: 4 (Diego Rossi, Eduard Atuesta, Corey Baird and Danny Musovski tied with 1); Fouls: 9 (Latif Blessing 4); Offside: 2 (Corey Baird 1, Diego Rossi 1); Corner kicks: 5 (Eduard Atuesta 3); Saves: 3 (Pablo Sisniega 3)
LAFC: Jesus David Murillo (caution; foul) 29
Referee: Robert Sibiga
Assistant Referee: Ian Anderson
Assistant Referee: Jeremy Kieso
Fourth Official: Joe Dickerson
VAR: Daniel Radford
Weather: 74 degrees and cloudy
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 1, 2021
- Orlando City SC Drops FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC Lose 1-0 to Austin FC - Minnesota United FC
- Austin FC Wins 1-0 away at Minnesota United FC - Austin FC
- FC Dallas Downs Portland Timbers 4-1 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Notes & Quotes: Philadelphia Union 0 - 2 New York City FC - New York City FC
- Timbers Fall 4-1 on the Road to FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium - Portland Timbers
- Tesho Akindele Scores Fastest Goal in Club History in 3-0 Win over FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 to New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union Downed by New York City FC 2-0 - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Win Second Straight at Home, 2-1, against Atlanta United FC - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo FC Draw 1-1 with LAFC at BBVA Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- CF Montréal Earns Tie to Stay Undefeated - Club de Foot Montreal
- LAFC Ties Houston Dynamo 1-1 in First Road Match of Season - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines: City vs. FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. LA Galaxy - May 2, 2021 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Topples Sporting Kansas City 3-1 in 2021 Home Opener - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting Slips to 3-1 Loss at RSL - Sporting Kansas City
- Head Coach Gerhard Struber Earns First Win, Red Bulls Defeat Chicago, 2-0 - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire FC Drop 2-0 Result on the Road Versus New York Red Bulls - Chicago Fire FC
- Timbers Square off against FC Dallas Tonight at Toyota Stadium - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Host D.C. United Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Rapids Visit Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Sunday Seeking First Victory - Colorado Rapids
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts Inter Miami CF at Nissan StadiumÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Florida to Face CF Montreal - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo FC Stories
- Houston Dynamo FC & Houston Dash Announce Promotional Schedule for Summer & Fall
- Houston Dynamo FC Midfielder Darwin Cerén Named to El Salvador National Team
- Dynamo Fall to Sporting Kansas City 3-2
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC to Play in Their First Full-Capacity Game Since March 2020
- Houston Dynamo FC Away Match against Vancouver Whitecaps FC Moved to July 20