Hounds, 84 Lumber Reach Multi-Year Partnership Agreement
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC has reached a multi-year partnership agreement with 84 Lumber, adding a national brand with Western Pennsylvania roots as one of the club's primary partners for seasons to come.
As part of the deal, the 84 Lumber logo will appear on the front of the Hounds' yet-to-be-unveiled second jersey, which will be introduced prior to the upcoming season. The well-known red "84 ball" logo of the building materials company also will adorn the back of the new black-and-yellow jerseys that were recently revealed for the 2022 season.
"This is very exciting for us to partner with a brand that comes from right here in Western Pennsylvania and is recognizable to folks across the United States," Hounds owner Tuffy Shallenberger said. "I've worked closely with the Hardy family for a long time in my construction business, and I'm happy we're able to have their support and the support of 84 Lumber while we keep growing the Riverhounds here in Pittsburgh."
"We are excited to launch our partnership with the Riverhounds," 84 Lumber Vice President of Marketing Amy Smiley said. "As a Western Pennsylvania-based company, we are already rooting for the Hounds. It will be a lot of fun to bring 84 customers and associates to games and see the team sporting our iconic logo."
In addition to the jersey placement, 84 Lumber will be prominently featured on the Riverhounds website and the team's forthcoming mobile app, slated for release later this year.
84 Lumber is renowned as the nation's leading privately held supplier of building materials, manufactured components and industry-leading services for single- and multi-family residences and commercial buildings. The company operates nearly 250 stores in more than 30 states, and, under the leadership of President Maggie Hardy Knox, is one of the largest woman-owned and -operated businesses in the U.S. with more than $7 billion in sales revenue during 2021.
The Riverhounds will begin their 23rd season of play on March 12 when they travel to face Memphis 901 FC, and they will begin the 10th season at Highmark Stadium on March 19, hosting Hartford Athletic.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 18, 2022
- Oakland Roots Sign Attacker Dariusz Formella - Oakland Roots
- Oakland Roots Sign Center Back Danny Barbir - Oakland Roots
- Hartford Athletic Acquires Midfielder Andre Lewis - Hartford Athletic
- Republic FC Acquires Rodrigo Lopez from Rio Grande Valley FC Toros - Sacramento Republic FC
- Rio Grande Valley FC Transfers Rodrigo Lopez to Sacramento Republic FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- LouCity Signs Dynamic Young Forward Mushagalusa - Louisville City FC
- Memphis 901 FC Brings Back 2020 Defender Rece Buckmaster - Memphis 901 FC
- Hounds, 84 Lumber Reach Multi-Year Partnership Agreement - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Tickets to SD Loyal Preseason Matches on Sale Now - San Diego Loyal
- San Diego Loyal SC Announces Apparel Partnership with CHARLY - San Diego Loyal
- FC Tulsa Adds Dangerous Left-Back Gabriel Torres for 2022 Campaign - FC Tulsa
- Hounds Ink Two New Players for 2022 Season - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- El Paso Locomotive Welcomes Defender Nick Hinds to 2022 Roster - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Around the Leagues: Copa Del Rey Round of 16 Gets Going - Sacramento Republic FC
- Welcome Back to Sacramento: Get Re-Acquainted with Matt LaGrassa - Sacramento Republic FC
- USL Championship Unveils Full 2022 Schedule - Phoenix Rising FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.