Heat Lose to Bulldogs 3-1
Hamilton, ONT - The Abbotsford Heat lost to the Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens) 3-1 on Wednesday night at FirstOntario Centre.The Heat remain in second place in the West Division with a 34-23-5-2 record and 75 points.
A six-game road trip for the Heat began with a loss to the Bulldogs, in what was the seventh meeting of the season between the two teams. Despite starting strong in the first period, Abbotsford was unable to get anything past Bulldog's goaltender Dustin Tokarski, who picked up his third win against the Heat this season.
The Heat jumped out to a 1-0 lead at the 8:56 mark of the 1st period, with a goal by defenseman Chris Breen, assisted by Corey Locke and Sven Baertschi. In the late stages of the period, the Bulldogs tied it at 1-1 with a goal from Mike Blunden.
In the second period, the Bulldogs took their first lead of the game at 12:56, when winger Christian Thomas found the back of the net.
Late in the 3rd period, Gabriel Dumont was awarded a penalty shot at 16:01 and was able to convert on it, which extended Hamilton's lead to 3-1.
The Heat finished the night going zero for three on the power play, and killed off two Bulldogs power play attempts.
In goal, Aaron Dell turned aside 36 of the 39 shots he faced in a losing effort, while Bulldogs goaltender Dustin Tokarski picked up the win making 27 saves on 28 shots.
Abbotsford's six game road trip will continue in Hamilton on Saturday, March 22nd.The next Heat home game is against the Rockford Ice Hogs on Friday, April 4th at 7:00 pm at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre. For tickets, please call 1-877-452-HEAT (4328) or visit us online at www.abbotsfordheat.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2014
- Stars Beat Wild 4-2 to Secure 200th Regular Season Win - Texas Stars
- Norfolk Skates Away with Victory over Checkers - Norfolk Admirals
- Monsters Fall to Toronto in Shootout, 4-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Heat Lose to Bulldogs 3-1 - Abbotsford Heat
- Bulldogs Blaze Heat 3-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Stars Late Surge Sinks Wild 4-2 - Iowa Wild
- Devils Mount Late Comeback For Win - Albany Devils
- Wolf Pack Dominates Third to Beat Bridgeport 4-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Checkers Suffer Late Loss in Norfolk - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Get Two in Third, Drop Sens 2-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Almquist Recalled to Detroit, Coreau Reassigned to Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Coyotes Sign Greg Carey to Entry-Level Contract - Portland Pirates
- Ramage & Trupp Assigned to Alaska - Abbotsford Heat
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Recall Brown from Hershey, Re-Assign Wellman to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- World Series Trophy And High School All-Star Games Headline Promotion Filled Weekend - Worcester Sharks
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Friday's Game Sold Out - Utica Comets
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Mashinter - Rockford IceHogs
- Texas Stars Return Goalie Josh Robinson to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- 2nd Annual Purple Night for Cancer Awareness Presented by Central Maine Medical Center March 28th - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.