Heat Lose on the Road to Blast 9-5
The Harrisburg Heat of the Major Arena Soccer League (MASL) lost to the Baltimore Blast by a score of 9-5 in a game played in Towson Maryland. Baltimore jumped out to a quick 3-0 lead before the Heat battled back to be down by 4-3 just 2 minutes into the second quarter. The Blast scored three goals late in the second quarter to open up a 7-3 lead at halftime.
The loss puts the Heat's record at 12-8 and in fifth place in the Eastern Conference. Harrisburg returns home for their final four games at the Farm Show Arena. If the Heat win all four games, they will qualify for the MASL playoffs. The first home game is Wednesday, March 11th as they take on Utica City FC. Kick off is scheduled for 7:05 P.M. On Sunday, the Heat play the Dallas Sidekicks at 5:05 P.M. The top four teams advance to the playoffs.
The Heat were led offensively by Tavoy Morgan and Dylan Hundelt. Morgan had two goals and one assist while Hundelt also scored two goals in the game. The other Heat goal was scored by Dom Francis. Daniel Villela had two assists in the game with Ty Hall and Pat Thompson also recording one assists each. William Banahene had seventeen saves in the goal.
Mike Deasel led Baltimore in scoring with two goals. Additional goals were scored by Lucas Roque, Jereme Raley, Marco Nascimento, Juan Pereira, Vini Dantas, Adriano Dos Santos and Mohamed Ndiaye.
For ticket information, go to www.harrisburgheat.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images from this story
Harrisburg Heat battle the Baltimore Blast
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 8, 2020
- Sockers Defense Leads the Way in Win - San Diego Sockers
- Stars Knocked off by Sockers 6-2 Sunday - Tacoma Stars
- Cal Express End Texas Trip 1-1 - Turlock Cal Express
- Reget Sets Franchise Mark with Eight Points in 14-6 Rout of Ambush - Florida Tropics SC
- Turlock Walks Away with a Win against Dallas - Dallas Sidekicks
- Pereyra Pummels Orlando SeaWolves with Seven Point Game; Wave Win 12-6 - Milwaukee Wave
- St. Louis Ambush Trampled by Tropics - St. Louis Ambush
- Stars in San Diego to Take on Sockers - Tacoma Stars
- Palmer Powers Comets to Comeback Victory - Kansas City Comets
- Cold Second Half for SeaWolves as They Fall to Milwaukee - Orlando SeaWolves
- Utica Stunned by Kansas City in Overtime - Utica City FC
- Game Notes: Sidekicks vs. Turlock - Dallas Sidekicks
- Heat Lose on the Road to Blast 9-5 - Harrisburg Heat
- Fury Rally for the Win in Overtime - Ontario Fury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.