Hawks Acquire DiLaura from Prince George
The Portland Winterhawks have acquired 2000-born goaltender Isaiah DiLaura from the Prince George Cougars in exchange for a 2022 conditional draft pick.
DiLaura (6-1, 210 lbs.) played 36 games with the Cougars over the last two seasons, while owning a career 3.61 goals against average and .889 save percentage. The St. Paul, Minnesota native had four appearances last year where he stopped at least 30 shots. DiLaura secured his first career WHL shutout on November 11, 2018 against Vancouver.
The former eighth round pick in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft joins a signed Portland goaltending corp with Joel Hofer ('00), Dante Giannuzzi ('02) and Lochlan Gordon ('03).
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 17, 2019
- Hamaliuk returned to Kelowna, Dorey re-assinged - Kelowna Rockets
- Wheat Kings Acquire Ginnell from Blazers - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Silvertips Returned Goaltender Dustin Wolf from the Calgary Flames (NHL) - Everett Silvertips
- Blazers Trade Forward Riley Ginnell to Brandon Wheat Kings - Kamloops Blazers
- Smith Eager to Provide Offence, Leadership for Rebuilding Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- 2019-20 WHL Season Preview: Saskatoon Blades - Saskatoon Blades
- Home Opener & Cabaret Details Announced - Red Deer Rebels
- 2019-2020 Promotional Schedule Set - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Hawks Acquire DiLaura from Prince George - Portland Winterhawks
- WHL Extends Agreement with Endeavor Streaming; WHL Live Packages Now Available for 2019-20 - WHL
- Cougars Acquire WHL Draft Selection from Portland - Prince George Cougars
- Blades Trim Roster by Two - Saskatoon Blades
- Joseph Joins Warriors Ahead of Season - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.