Havoc OT Victory Secures Detulleo's 200th Win
A back and forth meeting with Pensacola on Saturday night set up a thrilling overtime victory for the Huntsville Havoc to clinch head coach Glenn Detulleo's 200th career win as the team's head coach.
Shawn Bates opened the scoring for Huntsville early in the first period, capitalizing on an Ice Flyer turnover in front of the net. Pensacola quickly answered, tying the game at 1 until taking a 2-1 lead late in the second.
Kyle Sharkey and Phil Johansson tallied a goal each early in the third to take the lead before Pensacola would answer again to force overtime.
Rob Darrar found the back of the net with strong slapshot with :17 on the clock in the overtime period.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Havoc OT Victory Secures Detulleo's 200th Win - Huntsville Havoc
- Second Period Surge Secures Marksmen Victory - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Macon Drops Nail-Biter to Marksmen - Macon Mayhem
- Dawgs Roll Ice Bears, 6-1 - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- SPHL Announces Suspension - SPHL
- Perry Shines in Goal in Ice Flyers 2-0 Victory - Pensacola Ice Flyers
- Preview: Mayhem vs. Fayetteville Marksmen (Game 16) - Macon Mayhem
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Rail Yard Daws (2-10-2) vs Ice Bears (11-3-1) - 7:05 PM - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Thunderbolts Make History in 10-3 Rout of Mayhem - Evansville Thunderbolts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.