Havoc Edge Storm in OT Thriller
The Huntsville Havoc pulled out a 2-1 overtime win against the Quad City Storm Saturday night. Ryan Verbeek lifted his team to the win with a goal with 11.8 seconds to go in the overtime period. The Havoc's first goal of the night came 6:51 into the third period as Chance Braid tied the game.
Tonight marked Nolan Kaiser's 200th career game with the Havoc. He also assisted on the Braid goal in the third period.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from January 4, 2020
- Ice Bears Outlast Evansville in Shootout for Weekend Sweep - Knoxville Ice Bears
- Havoc Edge Storm in OT Thriller - Huntsville Havoc
- Bolts Gain Point in Shootout Loss in Knoxville - Evansville Thunderbolts
- Mayhem Earn First Road Point of the Season in Pensacola - Macon Mayhem
- 6000 Fans Pack Crown in Shootout Loss to Roanoke - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Bulls Come up Short in Pelham - Birmingham Bulls
- Dawgs Drop Marksmen in Shootout, 3-2 - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Preview: Mayhem at Pensacola Ice Flyers (Game 26) - Macon Mayhem
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Rail Yard Dawgs (6-13-4) at Marksmen (14-3-5) - 6:00 PM - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Oskroba, Levine Lead Rivermen to First Win in 2020 - Peoria Rivermen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.