Growlers Halt Beast Win Streak at Five
BRAMPTON, ONTARIO - Artur Tianulin scored twice but the Brampton Beast fell 7-4 against the Newfoundland Growlers on Sunday afternoon.
The Brampton Beast took on the Newfoundland Growlers for the second straight day on Sunday afternoon. Brampton took the first match between the teams to the tune of 3-1 on Saturday evening.
The Newfoundland Growlers opened a 3-0 lead against the Beast in the first period using their speed and skill. Adam Pardy had the first goal after a shot in the slot beat Etienne Marcoux at 7:39.
Goals from Matt Bradley and J.J. Piccinich followed and extended the lead. The Beast retreated to their locker room down 3-0 after 20 minutes of play and trailing in shots by a count of 15-9.
The second period brought on a bunch more scoring for both teams. The Beast got on the board with a slick move from Nathan Todd. The hard-working forward lifted the backhand over Michael Garteig at 6:11 to give the Beast some life.
Brampton followed up with a power play goal from Artur Tianulin that brought the Beast within two at 14:57.
The Growlers snuffed out any Beast momentum after that, as they put three quick goals past Marcoux to make it 7-2 after forty minutes of play. Shots on goal were 29-24 in favour of the visiting Growlers.
The Beast turned on the jets in the third and were able to make the game interesting. Tianulin sped through the offensive zone and made a beautiful deke to score his second of the game at 14:43.
Later in the period, Liam Kerins, in his first ECHL game, took the puck and fired a laser beam into the top shelf to make it 7-4. It was the young forwards first ECHL goal and point.
That would be all he offense the Beast had left, as they fell 7-4 on Sunday afternoon. Marcoux was tagged with the loss and made 25 saves. Garteig got the win and finished with 35 saves in the effort.
Notes: Molson Three Stars 3) Tianulin (BRA) 2) O'Brien (NFL) 1) Elynuik (NFL). The Beast finished the game by going one-for-two on the man advantage. The Growlers finished one-for-three. The Beast welcome the Worcester Railers on Wednesday morning for their second school day game of the year. Puck drop is 11:00 AM.
For more information or general media inquiries on the Brampton Beast please contact Anthony Fusco, Public Relations Coordinator at (905) 564-1684 or email@example.com. The Brampton Beast will be bringing their exciting brand of ECHL hockey back to the CAA Centre next season. Don't miss a minute of the action! 2018-19 Memberships are now available, join the club!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2019
- Idaho Claims 5-4 Win over Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Tulsa Battles Back to Beat Allen in Overtime - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Come from Behind, Hold off Thunder in 5-4 Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Third Period Burst Leads Kalamazoo to Win over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Rays Spoil Stomper's Birthday Party - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Milner Shines in Return During 2-1 Victory over Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Worcester Wishes They Had Sunday off After 5-2 Loss to Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Late Rally Falls Short for Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Run Through Railers, 5-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- K-Wings Use Three Goal Third to Top Fuel 4-3 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Drop Third Straight with 4-2 Loss to Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Score Four Unanswered to End Weekend with Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Trample Beast 7-4 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Growlers Halt Beast Win Streak at Five - Brampton Beast
- ECHL Transactions - January 27 - ECHL
- Nailers vs. Komets Game Day Snap Shot, January 27 - Wheeling Nailers
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Wmu Day Sends Fuel Back to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Grizzlies Fall 4-3 to the Mavericks - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Top Utah in Thrilling Back and Forth Battle, 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Brampton Beast Stories
- Offensive Explosion Helps Beast Down Growlers
- Special Teams the Difference as Beast Drop Road Game
- Todd Rips Pair, Daccord Stands Tall as Beast Pick up First Win of 2019-20
- Beast Drop Close Opener against Walleye
- Beast Announce Leadership Group Ahead of Home Opener