Grizzlies Host Playoff Hockey Saturday, Sunday
West Valley City, Utah - The Utah Grizzlies return to the E-Center Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 4 p.m. to host the Las Vegas Wranglers in games three and four of the ECHL's National Conference Quarterfinals.
The 2-3 best-of-five series is level at one after the Grizzlies beat Las Vegas 4-1 Wednesday night at the Orleans Arena following a 6-4 loss in the series opener Tuesday. Utah, who finished the regular season 8-4-0-2 in their last 14 games and 34-29-4-5 overall; are the fourth seed in the National Conference and hold home ice advantage in a playoff series for the first time since 1999-00. Utah is unbeaten in their last nine home games at 7-0-2-0 and went 6-1 at home against the Wranglers during the regular season.
In the series thus far, Utah has controlled special teams, by going 2-8 on the power-play after ranking number one in the ECHL on the power-play during the regular season; while going 13-14 on the penalty-kill. Special teams decided Utah's 4-1 win Wednesday, with the Grizzlies going 1-4 on the power-play and 6-6 on the penalty-kill; while also tallying a shorthanded goal.
Rookie Tim Crowder leads Utah with two goals in two games and James Sixsmith tops the team's playoff scoring with one goal and three assists. Dylan Hunter carries a team season-high fifteen-game scoring streak into Saturday's game.
In goal, Mikko Koskinen improved to 7-1 with Utah after stopping 32-straight shots and 33 of 34 overall in Wednesday's win.
Tickets for the games may be purchased online at www.utahgrizzlies.com, the E-Center box office or any Ticketmaster location.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 9, 2010
- Munce Solid As Checkers Down Walleye, 3-1, Inch Closer To Conference Semifinals - Charlotte Checkers
- Royals Take Game Three Over K-Wings, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Florida Takes Game Three Convincingly 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Fall in Overtime Heartbreaker to Cyclones - South Carolina Stingrays
- Heidinger's OT Goal Gives Cyclones 1-0 Win at SC - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals suffer 6-2 loss - Elmira Jackals
- Duffy Assigned Osman Activated and Olson and Baker Placed on Reserve List - Florida Everblades
- Reading Wins Game Three and Now Leads Series Two Games to One - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Greg Scott Recalled To Marlies - Reading Royals
- Game Preview (Game 3): Stockton Thunder Vs. Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Noreau Becomes 441st ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Jackals Playoff Game Preview: Florida At Elmira, Game 3 - Elmira Jackals
- Grizzlies Host Playoff Hockey Saturday, Sunday - Utah Grizzlies
- Elmira's Tyler Donati Named CCM U+ ECHL Most Valuable Player - ECHL
- Tyler Donati Named MVP Of ECHL - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown To Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Five Nailers Recalled To Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.