Countdown To Face-Off
Switching venues, the American Conference Quarterfinals head to the Sovereign Center in Reading, Pennsylvania for game three of the best-of five-series between the Kalamazoo Wings and the Reading Royals. Reading evened up the series by defeating Kalamazoo 4-1 in game two on Wednesday.
Despite out-shooting the Royals 35-24 in game two, the K-Wings were only able to score once on Wednesday. The K-Wings are led by Trent Daavettila, who has amassed three points in the playoffs, all of which were recorded in game one.
Reading's Ryan Cruthers kept his dominance in game two. After posting four points in game one, Cruthers helped the Royals even-up the series by recording three points in game two. Goaltender Matt Dalton avenged his game one loss by turning aside 34 saves for the game two victory.
Team Playoff Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings Reading Royals
Goals: Ben Simon (2 Goals) Ryan Cruthers, Olivier Labelle,
Yannick Riendeau (2 Goals)
Assists: Patrick Asselin, Ryan Cruthers (5 Assists)
Trent Daavettila (2 Assists)
Points: Trent Daavettila (3 Points) Ryan Cruthers (7 Points)
+/-: Devin Featherstone, Andrew Fournier Ryan Cruthers (+3)
Tom Morrow (+ 2)
Penalty Minutes: Ben Simon (12 Minutes) Olivier Labelle (6 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Entire Team (0 Goals) Daniel Steiner (1 Goals)
Short Handed Goals: Andrew Fournier (1 Goal) Entire Team (0 Goals)
Game Winning Goals: Mathieu Curadeau (1 GW) Marc Cavosie (1 GW)
Shots: Sam Ftorek (10 Shots) Ryan Cruthers, Olivier Labelle (7 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Ben Simon (50%) Stefano Giliati, Daniel Steiner (50%)
Overtime Goals: Mathieu Curadeau (1 Goal) Entire Team (0 Goals)
Goals Against Average: Riley Gill (0.00) Matt Dalton (3.44)
Save Percentage: Riley Gill (1.00) Matt Dalton (0.908)
All-Time/ Season Series
All-Time Playoff Series: All-Time Series is Tied: 1-1
Best of Five Series: Best of Five Series is Tied at One Game Apiece
Last Meeting: K-Wings Lost 4-1 on April 7th @ Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Next Meeting: Sunday, April 11th @ Sovereign Center in Reading, Pennsylvania
The K-Wings have struggled in the playoffs with a man-advantage. Kalamazoo is 0-for-8 on the power-play in the American Conference Quarterfinals.
Forward Darryl Lloyd finished the regular season with 44 points. The 44 points was the most recorded in a single-season by Lloyd.
Tied at the Top
So far in the playoffs, Trent Daavettila has recorded three points. The three points places Daavettila in a six-way tie for first place among all ECHL rookies in playoff scoring.
Winning the Close Ones
The K-Wings have found ways to win the close games. Kalamazoo was 19-4-6-4 in games decided by a single goal and in the postseason the K-Wings are 1-0.
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Catch all the action as your K-Wings play the very best the ECHL has to offer. Tickets are on sale now by calling the Wings Stadium Ticket Office at (269) 345-5101.
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto www.kwings.com . The site has player profiles, information about Wings Stadium events, and much, much more.
Join Head Coach Nick Bootland and the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno this Monday on "K-Wings Live". The show is on The Classic Hits Station WLKM (95.9 FM) and online through the B-2 Networks through www.kwings.com from 7-8 p.m. at Old Burdick's Bar and Grill inside the Holiday Inn Kalamazoo on South 11th Street.
K-Wings on Radio
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Radio Network (95.9 FM WLKM & B-2 Networks on kwings.com). Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pre-game coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 15 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your radio tuned this season to the K-Wings Radio Network.
Sunday, April 11th @ Reading 7:05 PM (Game Four, Round One, Kelly Cup Playoffs)
* Monday, April 12th @ Reading 7:05 PM (Game Five, Round One, Kelly Cup Playoffs)
(*-Denotes If Necessary Game)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 9, 2010
- Munce Solid As Checkers Down Walleye, 3-1, Inch Closer To Conference Semifinals - Charlotte Checkers
- Royals Take Game Three Over K-Wings, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Florida Takes Game Three Convincingly 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Fall in Overtime Heartbreaker to Cyclones - South Carolina Stingrays
- Heidinger's OT Goal Gives Cyclones 1-0 Win at SC - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals suffer 6-2 loss - Elmira Jackals
- Duffy Assigned Osman Activated and Olson and Baker Placed on Reserve List - Florida Everblades
- Reading Wins Game Three and Now Leads Series Two Games to One - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Greg Scott Recalled To Marlies - Reading Royals
- Game Preview (Game 3): Stockton Thunder Vs. Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Noreau Becomes 441st ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Jackals Playoff Game Preview: Florida At Elmira, Game 3 - Elmira Jackals
- Grizzlies Host Playoff Hockey Saturday, Sunday - Utah Grizzlies
- Elmira's Tyler Donati Named CCM U+ ECHL Most Valuable Player - ECHL
- Tyler Donati Named MVP Of ECHL - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown To Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Five Nailers Recalled To Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.