Greg Chase Returned to Mariners
PORTLAND, ME - Forward Greg Chase was returned from loan to AHL Hartford on Monday. Chase was summoned by the Wolf Pack on March 11th, and played in three games, without registering a point. Chase was on an offensive tear with the Mariners when he was loaned, having just captured CCM ECHL player of the month for February.
Nephew of former NHL enforcer Kelly Chase, Greg is a native of Sherwood Park, Alberta and was drafted in 2013 by his hometown Edmonton Oilers (7th round). With now at least 100 games played at both the AHL and ECHL level, Chase brought his veteran presence to Maine in mid-December when he was acquired in a trade with the Allen Americans that sent forward Riley Bourbonnais the other way. In 34 games with the Mariners, Chase has 34 points (18 goals, 16 assists). He's first on the team with 20 goals and third in points, with 43. In his torrid month of February, Chase had 18 points in 13 games, including seven multi-point contests.
Previously, Chase has played in the AHL for Oklahoma City (2013-15), Bakersfield (2015-17) and Springfield (2017-18). He's also made ECHL stops in Norfolk (2015-16) and Wichita (2016-17 and the start of this season) in addition to Allen. Chase has 27 points in 100 career AHL games and 97 points in 117 lifetime ECHL contests.
To make room for Chase on the roster, the Mariners released forward Ryan Siiro.
The Mariners will visit Worcester on Friday at 7:05 before hosting Manchester at 3:00 PM on Sunday. It's Country Night presented by 99.9 The Wolf. The first 500 fans will get a bandanna and concert giveaways Tickets to can be purchased at MarinersOfMaine.com or by calling the Trusted Choice Box Office at 207-775-3458.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 18, 2019
- Grizzlies Add Tanner Nagel and Joey Ratelle to Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - March 18 - ECHL
- Greg Chase Returned to Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Walleye Go 10 Straight for a Record - Toledo Walleye
- Mariners Weekly: Epic Shootout Highlights Weekend Split - Maine Mariners
- Grizzlies Can Clinch Playoffs with Win Monday Night - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Bolster Ticket Sales Team with Addition of Dakota Procyk - Reading Royals
- Wings Weekly: Home Finale Coming up on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Komets Sweep Beast for Four Points; Wings Here Wednesday, Cyclones Blow into Town Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Weekly - March 18, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 23 (March 11-17, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - March 18 - Tulsa Oilers
- The Anthony Myers Movement Highlights Start of 5-Game Homestand - Reading Royals
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.