Walleye Go 10 Straight for a Record
TOLEDO - Toledo Walleye fans continue to set new attendance records when on Saturday 8,064 entered the Huntington Center for the tenth straight standing room only crowd, which has never been reached in Walleye history. Currently, Toledo has had 25 sellouts this season, three short of last season's record of 28.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
March 15 vs. Kalamazoo (4-3 Win)
March 16 vs. Wheeling (3-2 Win)
March 17 at Kalamazoo (2-1 Loss)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES (All Times Eastern)
March 21 at Cincinnati at 7:35 p.m. (7:20 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230)
March 22 vs. Brampton at 7:15 p.m. (7:00 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
March 24 vs. Fort Wayne at 5:15 p.m., (5:00 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
WALLEYE WEEKLY SCHEDULE
Monday, March 18 - No Practice
Tuesday, March 19 - Practice 10:30 a.m. at Huntington Center
Wednesday, March 20 - Practice 10:30 a.m. at Huntington Center
Thursday, March 21 - Game at Cincinnati at 7:35 p.m.
Friday, March 22 - Game vs. Brampton at 7:15 p.m.
Saturday, March 23 - No Practice
Sunday, March 24 - Game vs. Fort Wayne at 5:15 p.m.
Back to back one goal home wins highlight week that was: Toledo put an end to a three game losing skid by putting two more home wins on the board. First Friday night the Walleye scored in the first minute of the game and continued to score to outlast Kalamazoo 4-3. Saturday night, Toledo became the first team to break through for a home win in the Wheeling - Toledo series with a close 3-2 win. The final one goal affair of the weekend did not go as well as the Walleye were held to just one goal in a 2-1 loss at Kalamazoo on Sunday.
Moore picks up a record: With 17 penalty minutes Saturday, Bryan Moore set a new single season record for penalty minutes with 188 on the season. That breaks the old mark of 179 set by Scott Fletcher in the 2010-11 season. Moore posted back to back games on Friday and Saturday in which he has scored a goal, added in an assist and had a fighting major penalty. With another 15 penalty minutes in Sunday's game at Kalamazoo, Moore extended his record out 203 minutes of penalty box time.
Twenty wins is mighty: Goaltender Pat Nagle posted his 20th win on the season Saturday night over Wheeling. It was the second year in a Walleye uniform that Nagle has hit the 20 win mark and the sixth time in Nagle's career he has posted 20 or more wins. The 31-year-old set a Walleye single season record with 37 victories just last year.
Road first, home second this week: The Walleye start a three game week with a visit to the Cincinnati Cyclones on Thursday night. Toledo is 2-4-0 against the best team in Central, the only division opponent the Walleye does not have a winning record against. Friday night the team is back at the Huntington Center to host the Brampton Beast. The Beast won the last meeting but Toledo is still 4-2-0 against its Canadian neighbors. The final meeting of the year for the Walleye and the Fort Wayne Komets will occur on Sunday in Toledo. The Walleye sport a 6-2-2 mark vs. their closest rivals.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Bryan Moore (2 goals - 2 assists = 4 points)
GOALTENDER OF THE WEEK
Pat Nagle (2-0-0, 2.50 GAA, .900 save %)
2019 KELLY CUP PLAYOFFS: DIVISION SEMIFINALS:
Game dates for Toledo vs Kalamazoo if Toledo is the higher seed.
Toledo vs Kalamazoo
Friday, April 12: Kalamazoo @ TOLEDO 7:35 p.m.
Friday, April 13: Kalamazoo @ TOLEDO 7:35 p.m.
Wednesday, April 17: Toledo @ Kalamazoo 7:30 p.m.
Friday, April 19: Toledo @ Kalamazoo 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 20: Toledo @ Kalamazoo 7 p.m. (if needed)
Tuesday, April 23: Kalamazoo @ TOLEDO 7:35 p.m. (if needed)
Wednesday, April 24: Kalamazoo @ TOLEDO 7:35 p.m. (if needed)
Game dates for Toledo vs Fort Wayne if Toledo is the higher seed.
Toledo vs Fort Wayne
Friday, April 12: Fort Wayne @ TOLEDO 7:35 p.m.
Saturday, April 13: Fort Wayne @ TOLEDO 7:35 p.m.
Wednesday, April 17: Toledo @ Fort Wayne 7:35 p.m.
Friday, April 19: Toledo @ Fort Wayne 8:05 p.m.
Saturday, April 20: Fort Wayne @ TOLEDO 7:35 p.m. (if needed)
Tuesday, April 23: Toledo @ Fort Wayne 7:35 p.m. (if needed)
Wednesday, April 24: Fort Wayne @ TOLEDO 7:35 p.m. (if needed)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 18, 2019
- Grizzlies Add Tanner Nagel and Joey Ratelle to Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - March 18 - ECHL
- Greg Chase Returned to Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Walleye Go 10 Straight for a Record - Toledo Walleye
- Mariners Weekly: Epic Shootout Highlights Weekend Split - Maine Mariners
- Grizzlies Can Clinch Playoffs with Win Monday Night - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Bolster Ticket Sales Team with Addition of Dakota Procyk - Reading Royals
- Wings Weekly: Home Finale Coming up on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Komets Sweep Beast for Four Points; Wings Here Wednesday, Cyclones Blow into Town Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Weekly - March 18, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 23 (March 11-17, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - March 18 - Tulsa Oilers
- The Anthony Myers Movement Highlights Start of 5-Game Homestand - Reading Royals
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.