Greensboro Narrowly Falls to Windy City
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, came up just short to the Windy City Bulls, 113-107, on Saturday at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. The Swarm fall to an even, 22-22, record on the season.
The game was tight throughout, particularly so in the final moments of the fourth quarter. Back-to-back three pointers from JP Macura pulled the Swarm within a point of the Bulls, 106-105, with just 33.6 seconds left in the game. However, Greensboro turned the ball over on three of its last four possessions while Windy City made 7-of-10 free throws to hold on the victory.
Macura had a team-high 24 points, three rebounds and two assists in 23 minutes of action. Chinanu Onuaku added 15 points, 11 rebounds, three steals two assists and a block in 29 minutes. The Swarm had eight players score at least eight points, shooting 45.5 percent as a team.
The Bulls had a big night off the bench from JaKarr Sampson. In 37 minutes, Sampson had 29 points, two rebounds and four assists. Walt Lemon Jr. had 24 points to lead the Windy City Starters, shooting 10-for-18 from the field along with 11 assists.
The Swarm made 20 of its 43 attempts from long range, compared to the Bulls' 12 makes. However Windy City had a, 54-30, advantage in points in the paint.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 9, 2019
- Blue Coats Fall to Drive Down the Stretch - Delaware Blue Coats
- Payton Ll Earns Triple-Double in Vipers Win against Sioux Falls - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Spurs Defeat Stockton Kings 128-104 - Austin Spurs
- Greensboro Narrowly Falls to Windy City - Greensboro Swarm
- Knicks Aim to Claim Third Victory over Maine Tomorrow - Westchester Knicks
- Drive End Road Trip with Comeback Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Windy City Sets Franchise Record in Wins, Beat Greensboro 113-107 - Windy City Bulls
- Newman Leads Charge Past Herd with Career Day - Canton Charge
- Texas Legends' Burrell and Hornsby Suspended - G League
- Hornsby Shines Bright in Salt Lake City - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- The Fieldhouse to Serve as Early Voting Site as Part of Hornets Sports & Entertainment's "Swarm the Polls" Campaign
- Swarm to Not Extend Contract of Head Coach Joe Wolf
- Greensboro Swarm Statement
- Swarm, Allegacy Federal Credit Union Make Donation to Junior Achievement of the Triad
- Charlotte Hornets Foundation Announces Multi-Faceted Plan to Assist with COVID-19 Relief