Golson Goes Deep in Thursday Loss in Lincoln
LINCOLN, Neb. - The Texas AirHogs opened the four-game set in Lincoln with a 9-4 loss Thursday. Greg Golson paced the team with a home run, a double and two runs scored.
Sean Stutzman (0-2) got the start and faced eight through the first two frames. He struck out four in the first and second. Texas built him a lead on a two-RBI double by Dillon Thomas in the top of the third to score Jesse Baker and Liang Pei.
Two walks from Stutzman to start the bottom of the third opened the door for a three-run homer by Brandon Jacobs to get Lincoln the lead. The first blast of the season from Greg Golson, who returned from the injured reserve August 4 after missing two months, evened the score at 3-3 in the fourth.
From there though, the Saltdogs outscored the AirHogs 6-1. Stutzman would take the loss while Joe Bircher (5-6) got the win for Lincoln. He went six innings while scattering six hits and three runs (three earned).
The Saltdogs were paced by Jacobs, who finished with four RBIs. AirHogs pitching walked 10 in the game. Tu Jialun posted 1.2 scoreless innings as part of the relief corps that followed Stutzman. Du Xiaoci picked up his first American Association hit and RBI on a single in the ninth to score Golson.
Texas (19-57) continues the series with Lincoln (36-40) tomorrow at 7:05. RHP Miguel Rosario (1-9, 5.13 ERA) is expected to start for Texas. RHP Brad Thoutt (0-1, 8.49 ERA) will start for Lincoln. A live broadcast of the game will be available at mixlr.com/TXAirHogs.
The Texas AirHogs - powered by Beijing Shougang Eagles will return home August 14 vs. Cleburne. Tickets for all home games are available. Visit AirHogsBaseball.com for more information. For the latest news, follow the team on Twitter and Facebook @TXAirHogs. Media inquiries: email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 10, 2018
- Saltdogs Steamroll AirHogs 16-6 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Canaries Come from Behind for Fourth Win in a Row - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Two-Out Hits Back Cooper as Wingnuts Clip Cleburne - Wichita Wingnuts
- All-Around Effort by Ijames Not Enough for AirHogs in Lincoln - Texas AirHogs
- Dogs Use Huge Fifth to Beat Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Railroaders Drop Opener to Wingnuts - Cleburne Railroaders
- Saints Back on Top, Move into Tie for First Place with 9-1 Victory over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Smashed by Saints, 9-1; Fall into First Place Tie - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Golson Goes Deep in Thursday Loss in Lincoln - Texas AirHogs
- T-Bones Search for Comeback, Come up Short against Explorers - Kansas City T-Bones
- Dykstra Leads X's Back into the Win Column - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.