All-Around Effort by Ijames Not Enough for AirHogs in Lincoln
LINCOLN, Neb. - The Texas AirHogs got a great game from Stewart Ijames but fell to the Lincoln Saltdogs 16-6 Friday at Haymarket Park.
Ijames finished the game with two hits (including a solo homer to lead the game off vs. Lincoln starter Brad Thoutt) and three runs. His blast was his second leadoff homer of the current road trip and his ninth overall this season. In the eighth, he took the mound for the first time this season and recorded a scoreless frame by facing four and stranding one.
Lincoln hit four homers in the game, including a grand slam by Curt Smith as part of a six-run third. Smith and Brandon Jacobs paced the Saltdogs with seven combined RBIs.
Miguel Rosario (1-10) took the loss after allowing four walks and a homer by Jacobs in the first. Thoutt started the game for the Saltdogs and lasted three. He allowed five runs (five earned) before exiting. Derek Gordon (6-1) picked up the win after two scoreless frames while Dan Johnson earned his first save by allowing one run over the final four innings.
Casio Grider finished with two hits. Han Xiao picked up a seventh-inning RBI base hit, his fifth hit in the last four games. Liu Guoqing posted two late scoreless frames in relief. Rosario and relief men Conner Camacho, Du Yonghui and Dong Zezhi allowed a combined 11 walks in the game.
Texas (19-58) will continue the series in Lincoln (37-40) at 7:05 tomorrow. RHP Zhang Tao (0-1, 9.00 ERA) is expected to start for Texas. LHP Kyle Kinman (5-2, 3.88 ERA) will start for the Saltdogs. A live broadcast will be available at mixlr.com/TXAirHogs.
The Texas AirHogs - powered by Beijing Shougang Eagles will return home August 14 vs. Cleburne. Tickets for all home games are available. Visit AirHogsBaseball.com for more information. For the latest news, follow the team on Twitter and Facebook @TXAirHogs.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 10, 2018
- Saltdogs Steamroll AirHogs 16-6 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Canaries Come from Behind for Fourth Win in a Row - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Two-Out Hits Back Cooper as Wingnuts Clip Cleburne - Wichita Wingnuts
- All-Around Effort by Ijames Not Enough for AirHogs in Lincoln - Texas AirHogs
- Dogs Use Huge Fifth to Beat Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Railroaders Drop Opener to Wingnuts - Cleburne Railroaders
- Saints Back on Top, Move into Tie for First Place with 9-1 Victory over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Smashed by Saints, 9-1; Fall into First Place Tie - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Golson Goes Deep in Thursday Loss in Lincoln - Texas AirHogs
- T-Bones Search for Comeback, Come up Short against Explorers - Kansas City T-Bones
- Dykstra Leads X's Back into the Win Column - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.