Goloubef Re-Signs with the Senators
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators announced today that the club re-signed defenceman Cody Goloubef to a one-year, two-way contract. The contract will carry an annual value of $800,000 in the National Hockey League and $425,000 in the American Hockey League.
Goloubef, 29, was acquired by the Senators from Boston in exchange for forward Paul Carey on Jan. 11. He split the 2018-19 campaign playing primarily in the AHL and registered 24 points (six goals, 18 assists) and 73 penalty minutes over 46 games with the Providence Bruins (Boston's AHL affiliate) and Belleville Senators. Goloubef played five NHL games with Ottawa during the 2018-19 season.
A native of Mississauga, Ont., Goloubef was selected in the second round (37th overall) of the 2008 NHL Draft by the Columbus Blue Jackets. In 134 career NHL games with the Blue Jackets, the Colorado Avalanche and the Senators, he has recorded 23 points (two goals, 21 assists) and 68 penalty minutes. He has also registered 122 points (34 goals, 88 assists) and 397 penalty minutes over 311 career AHL contests with the Springfield Falcons, Cleveland Monsters, San Antonio Rampage, Stockton Heat, Providence and Belleville.
Internationally, Goloubef most recently represented his native country when he helped Team Canada earn a bronze medal at the 2018 Winter Olympic Games. He was also a member of Canada's gold medal-winning World Junior Championship team in 2009.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 25, 2019
- Minnesota Wild Extends Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Iowa Wild
- Blues Extend Qualifying Offers to Nine Restricted Free Agents - San Antonio Rampage
- Flames Provide Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Stockton Heat
- Amerks Sign Malone to One-Year AHL Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Announce 2019 Development Camp Roster - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Qualify Seven Restricted Free Agents - Rochester Americans
- Chicago Acquires Calder Cup Champ Saarela in 4-Player Trade - Rockford IceHogs
- Chris Hajt Named Ontario Reign Assistant Coach - Ontario Reign
- Goloubef Re-Signs with the Senators - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.