Giants Fall in Preseason Finale 5-1 to Kamloops
Vancouver, B.C. - Sunday night at the Langley Events Centre the Vancouver Giants dropped a 5-1 exhibition decision to the Kamloops Blazers. Zane Franklin (1G, 2A), Logan Stankoven (2G, 1A) and Orrin Centazzo (1G, 1A) combined for eight points for Kamloops while Zack Ostapchuk had the lone tally for the Giants in the third period. The loss moved the Giants preseason record to 4-2. The Blazers improved to 5-0.
KAM - 1:11 into the game, Zane Franklin finished off a feed from Orrin Centazzo to notch his fourth goal of the preseason.
KAM - With just 17 seconds left in the frame, Logan Stankoven scored his first of two on the night. Stankoven's goal came via the power play and was set up by Luke Zazula and Inaki Baragano.
Vancouver Giants goaltender Braedy Euerby vs. the Kamloops Blazers
(Vancouver Giants, Credit: Chris Relke)
Shots: 10-8 Kamloops
KAM - 2:46 into the third, Connor Zary increased the Blazers lead to 3-0 on a power play.
KAM - Exactly four minutes later Logan Stankoven struck again, with both Orrin Centazzo and Zane Franklin assisting.
VAN - Zack Ostapchuk put Vancouver on the board at 10:08 of the final frame when his shot from the left-wing circle off the rush beat Rayce Ramsay's glove. Justin Sourdif and Lukas Svejkovsky both assisted.
KAM - Orrin Centazzo snagged the game's final goal at 14:46. Both of his linemates (Centazzo and Franklin) factored into the goal as well.
Final Score: Kamloops 5 - Vancouver 1
Final Shots: 34-23 Kamloops
Braedy Euerby: 29/34 saves for Vancouver
Rayce Ramsay: 22/23 saves for Kamloops
Kamloops: 2/7 on the Power Play
Vancouver: 0/4 on the Power Play
Next Game: The Giants kick off their 2019-20 regular season on Friday, September 20th on the road in Prince George. That weekend the Giants will play a double-header up north before returning home to face the Portland Winterhawks in their home opener on Friday, September 27th.
Images from this story
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 8, 2019
- Rockets power play lifts off in 7-0 victory over Cougars - Kelowna Rockets
- Cougars Blanked by Kelowna - Prince George Cougars
- Giants Fall in Preseason Finale 5-1 to Kamloops - Vancouver Giants
- Silvertips Edged in Shootout - Everett Silvertips
- Royals Edge Silvertips in Overtime - Victoria Royals
- Playing in Flames Colours a Dream Come True for Red Deer Native Nielsen - Red Deer Rebels
- Former Rebels Forward Philp Officially Begins Pro Career at Centrium - Red Deer Rebels
- Americans Earn 4-1 Victory against Spokane Under Unique Circumstance - Tri-City Americans
- Winnipeg ICE Collect 5-1 Win over Wheat Kings in Portage - Winnipeg Ice
- Giants Grab Fourth Straight Preseason Win Saturday at Home - Vancouver Giants
- Rebels Fall to Host Hurricanes in Overtime - Red Deer Rebels
- Cougars Bettered by Giants, 5-3 - Prince George Cougars
- Raiders Down Warriors in Moose Jaw - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Vancouver Giants Fall in Kamloops to Kick off the Weekend
- Byram Named to Team WHL's Roster for 2019 Cibc Canada Russia Series
- Giants Wrap up Prairie Road Swing with a 4-2 Win in Regina
- Nielsen's Three Point Night Sparks Giants in a 4-1 Win in Moose Jaw
- Vancouver Giants Edged 2-1 by Blades Wednesday in Saskatoon