Generals Gameday: August 19 vs. Tennessee
For Turn-Back-The-Clock Night on August 17, the Generals wore special throwback Memphis Chicks uniforms that are currently being auctioned off, with proceeds going to charity!
Jackson Generals (70-53 Overall, 31-22 2nd Half)
Vs. Tennessee Smokies (51-74, 18-38 2nd Half)
Monday, August 18 | 6:05 pm CT | Game 124 | 2nd Half Game 54
Generals SP: RHP Matt Peacock (8-4, 2.52 ERA)
Opponent SP: LHP Luis Lugo (5-0, 3.63 ERA)
LAST GAME: Jackson, Tenn. - The Jackson Generals, the Double-A affiliate of Major League Baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks, picked up an unlikely victory on Sunday evening, beating the Tennessee Smokies 3-2 at The Ballpark at Jackson to open their five-game series. The Generals (70-53) reached the 70-win plateau for the fourth consecutive season, tying the season series with Tennessee (51-74) at eight games apiece. Full Recap: JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com
TODAY'S PITCHERS: After using four bullpen arms to win the series opener, Jackson is counting on a deep start from Matt Peacock, who hasn't completed the sixth inning in either of his last two starts. Peacock has only lost once since the beginning of July, and he continues to lead all of Minor League Baseball in groundball rate (68.1%). He goes toe-to-toe with Tennessee's Luis Lugo, a Venezuelan left-hander who is undefeated in Double-A over ten games (eight starts). Lugo hasn't completed six innings in any of his past nine starts, and he has allowed six earned runs over his last 9 2/3 innings.
LESS THAN SEVEN: After their win on August 18, the Generals have gone 12 consecutive games without a starting pitcher throwing seven innings, their longest drought this year between seven-inning starts. The Generals are 19-6 this year when a starter completes the seventh inning. Since their previous seven-inning start (by Emilio Vargas on August 3), Jackson has gone 7-5.
ALL-STAR 2020: On July 29, the Jackson Generals announced that they would play host to the 2020 Southern League All-Star Game at The Ballpark at Jackson, their first All-Star Game since 2011. Manager Blake Lalli was a participant in that 2011 game, which the North Division won 6-3. (CLICK: 2020 SL ASG release)
Willie Nelson/Alison Krauss Tickets Link
WILLIE NELSON & ALISON KRAUSS, LIVE IN JACKSON!
Tickets for Tuesday, September 17th's Willie Nelson/Alison Krauss concert at The Ballpark at Jackson are on sale now by phone, in person, and on our website at JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com. Don't miss seeing these 2 stars!
ALL THE KIDS ARE DOING IT: The Junior Generals Kids Club has been completely revamped for 2019, with over 300 participants already signed up! New achievement levels are in place, with rewards given to the most loyal fans. Get the most out of your child's time at The Ballpark - sign them up today!
Kids Club 2019 Link
|GENERALS TICKETS SUMMARY|
General Admission (GA): $6 in advance, $8 on game day
Reserved Seating: $10 in advance, $12 on game day
Group Picnics: $7/person (plus food) for 15+ people; $6/person for 100+
Suites/Party Decks: Please call the front office for pricing & availability.
Belly Buster Monday Nights:
$16 bottomless popcorn, hot dogs, burgers, ice cream, soda & nachos
$1 Dollar Thursday Nights:
$1 tickets, hot dogs, popcorn, and soda; $1 beer for age 21+
Generals partner with a local non-profit for in-game promotion; call us for details!
The 2019 baseball season is here! Get your tickets today: dial 731.988.5299 or log on to JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com!
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from August 19, 2019
- Unroe Stars in Doubleheader Split on Monday Night - Mississippi Braves
- BayBears Retire Final 12 Batters of Game to Top Lookouts - Mobile BayBears
- Late Blast from Shrimp Derail Barons on Monday Night - Birmingham Barons
- Shuckers Score Late But Fall in Second Straight to Biscuits - Biloxi Shuckers
- Garrett & Guzman Blast Barons 3-2 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Biscuits Make History, Edge Shuckers, 4-1 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Smokies Come up Short in a Back-And-Forth Loss to Jackson - Tennessee Smokies
- BayBears Turn Tables on Lookouts - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, August 19 at Birmingham - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Jose Urena Joins Shrimp on Rehab Assignment - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Beasley and Mattson Promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake - Mobile BayBears
- Generals Gameday: August 19 vs. Tennessee - Jackson Generals
- Southern League Weekly Award Winners Announced for August 12-18 - SL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jackson Generals Stories
- Shadrack's Christmas Light Show Begins at the Ballpark on November 13th
- Generals Unveil Newest Economic Impact Study
- Jerry "The King" Lawler to Host 50th Anniversary Event in Jackson
- Minor League Baseball Announces Cancellation of 2020 Season
- Snoop Dogg and Twista Concert Postponed