Beasley and Mattson Promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake
MOBILE, Ala. - The Los Angeles Angels announced Monday that right-handed pitchers Jeremy Beasley and Isaac Mattson have been promoted from the Double-A Mobile BayBears to Triple-A Salt Lake.
Beasley, 23, was the BayBears Opening Day starter and went 6-7 with a 4.06 ERA in 23 games, 22 starts, with Mobile this season. He made his Double-A debut last year, going 3-3 with a 2.44 ERA in 10 games, seven starts. Beasley was named the Southern League Pitcher of the Week on April 28.
He tossed six hitless innings and faced just one over the minimum July 3 at Biloxi, and the BayBears kept the no-hit bid alive until the ninth. Beasley went 18 consecutive innings without allowing a run between June 28 and July 15.
The Lyons, Georgia native was selected by the Angels in the 30th round of the 2017 MLB Draft out of Clemson University. Beasley pitched in 10 games with Mobile to finish the 2018 season, going 3-3 with a 2.44 ERA. Beasley is the No. 20 prospect in the Angels organization, according to MLB Pipeline.
Mattson, 24, joined the BayBears on May 13 from Class A Advanced Inland Empire and went 3-3 with a 2.68 ERA in 24 games out of the bullpen. He walked just 13 batters and recorded 61 strikeouts in 43 2/3 innings. Mattson pitched a team-high 23 1/3 consecutive scoreless innings from June 13 to July 19 and retired 19 straight batters from July 2 to July 12.
The Harbor Creek, Pennsylvania native was selected by the Angels in the 19th round of the 2017 MLB Draft out of the University of Pittsburgh. Mattson was a Pioneer League Post-Season All-Star with Rookie-level Orem in 2017.
In corresponding moves, right-handed pitcher Dario Beltre has been activated from the 7-day injured list, and left-handed pitcher Max Herrmann has returned to the BayBears from Orem.
The BayBears continue a five-game home series against the Chattanooga Lookouts Monday at 6:35 p.m. Live coverage can be seen on MiLB.tv (subscription required, promo code: BAYBEARS) and heard on MobileBayBears.com, the TuneIn app, and the MiLB First Pitch app, with the Countdown to First Pitch starting at 6:15 p.m.
The BayBears host a total of 70 home dates in the Farewell Season through Labor Day, September 2. The new BayBears Pass is available, featuring a general admission ticket to every BayBears game at Hank Aaron Stadium for only $19.97 per month. Partial plans are also available, and individual game tickets can be purchased online at MobileBayBears.com or by calling 251-572-BEAR (2327).
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from August 19, 2019
- Unroe Stars in Doubleheader Split on Monday Night - Mississippi Braves
- BayBears Retire Final 12 Batters of Game to Top Lookouts - Mobile BayBears
- Late Blast from Shrimp Derail Barons on Monday Night - Birmingham Barons
- Shuckers Score Late But Fall in Second Straight to Biscuits - Biloxi Shuckers
- Garrett & Guzman Blast Barons 3-2 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Biscuits Make History, Edge Shuckers, 4-1 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Smokies Come up Short in a Back-And-Forth Loss to Jackson - Tennessee Smokies
- BayBears Turn Tables on Lookouts - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, August 19 at Birmingham - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Jose Urena Joins Shrimp on Rehab Assignment - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Beasley and Mattson Promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake - Mobile BayBears
- Generals Gameday: August 19 vs. Tennessee - Jackson Generals
- Southern League Weekly Award Winners Announced for August 12-18 - SL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.