GameDay: LouCity at Memphis 901 FC
Louisville City's final game of the regular season kicks off Saturday night at 8 p.m. ET in Memphis' AutoZone Park vs. Memphis 901 FC.
"This is a business trip for us," Louisville City coach John Hackworth said. "This is a chance for us to get better and a chance for us to move up in the table."
Hackworth, whose team has been one of the hottest in the Eastern Conference over the last two months, believes Louisville City still has room to get better. The back-to-back USL Championship Title winners are the team no one wants in their bracket.
As it stands Saturday morning, Louisville City is the 6-seed and would be slated to play at No. 3 Indy Eleven. But all that could change Saturday night as Louisville City is tied in points with 5th-seeded New York Red Bulls II and is just one point behind 4th-seeded Tampa Bay Rowdies.
Hartford Athletic hosts Tampa Bay at 7 p.m. ET Saturday night (GameCenter LINK) and then Loudoun United hosts the Red Bulls (GameCenter LINK) starting at 7:30 p.m. p.m. ET.
"Obviously we'll be watching other scores around the league pretty close," Hackworth said. "Our staff will definitely be trying to keep tabs on all the other games we can while understanding that we are on the sideline and can't really be actually watching those other scores. And really, it comes down to our performance first."
If LouCity wins, they have a chance to jump both Tampa and New York and move into the 4th spot. The top four spots are key because those teams are will host their first playoff game Saturday, Oct. 26. That would mean Louisville City would get at least one more game at Slugger Field, their home since 2015.
"We want to continue to improve as we head into the playoffs and hopefully we get some help from other teams as we hope to move up the table," Hackworth said. "Credit to our guys, we don't view Saturday as the end of the season. We think of our season running into November."
As of Saturday morning, Louisville City could either be 4th, 5th or 6th in the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The bottom four teams in the Eastern Conference Playoffs will play each other Wednesday night with the winners advancing to face the top six teams next weekend.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 19, 2019
- San Antonio FC Ends Season with 2-2 Home Draw vs. Colorado Springs - San Antonio FC
- Memphis 901 FC, Sporting Director Andrew Bell Part Ways - Memphis 901 FC
- Memphis 901 FC Concludes Inaugural Season - Memphis 901 FC
- Fury FC Fall 3-1 on the Road in Their Last Regular Season Game - Ottawa Fury FC
- Switchbacks FC Defy Odds to Complete Comeback in Season Finale - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- ATL UTD 2 Falls 3-0 at Nashville SC - Atlanta United 2
- Rowdies to Open Playoffs in Louisville - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Hartford Closes out Inaugural USL Championship Season with 2-1 Win at the Death - Hartford Athletic
- Pickens Wins Golden Glove and Sits Atop USL Championship with 14 Clean Sheets - Nashville SC
- North Carolina FC Closes out Regular Season with Thrilling 1-0 Win as Captain Austin Da Luz Is Honored - North Carolina FC
- Loudoun United Defeat the New York Red Bulls II 7-3 at Segra Field - Loudoun United FC
- Nashville Moves into First Place with Win in Final Regular Season Match - Nashville SC
- Indy Eleven to Host New York Red Bulls II in Postseason Opener Next Saturday at Carroll Stadium - Indy Eleven
- Independence Go out with a Bang - Charlotte Independence
- Reno 1868 FC Clinches Second Seed in the Western Conference - Reno 1868 FC
- STLFC Season Ends with 1-0 Loss Away to North Carolina FC - Saint Louis FC
- Match Preview: #HFDvTBR - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Bethlehem Steel FC Buried by Charleston - Philadelphia Union II
- Real Monarchs SLC Clinch Home Playoff Match with 3-0 Win over Sacramento Republic FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Republic FC Downed in Utah, Play-In Game Wednesday Guaranteed - Sacramento Republic FC
- Battery Clinch Postseason Spot After Dominant Display - Charleston Battery
- How to Follow: Nashville SC vs. Atlanta United 2 - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Looking to Continue Strong Run in Playoff Tune-Up vs. Atlanta United 2 - Nashville SC
- GameDay: LouCity at Memphis 901 FC - Louisville City FC
- Phoenix Rising Caps Historic 2019 Regular Season with 3-1 Win over OKC Energy on $1 Beer Night - Phoenix Rising FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.