Match Preview: #HFDvTBR
Hartford Athletic vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies
Saturday, October 19, 7 p.m. ET
Dillon Stadium, Hartford, Conn.
Follow us for live updates on Twitter at @RowdiesGameday
How to Watch
The match will be broadcast online on ESPN+ here. International viewers can watch online here.
Tampa Bay: 16-7-10 (W-L-T), 4th place; 8-4-4 on road
Hartford: 7-21-5 (W-L-T), 17th place; 5-7-4 at home
These teams haven't met since April 6 when the Rowdies walked away 4-0 winners in the first meeting between the sides. Sebastian Guenzatti scored twice and David Najem and Andrew Tinari both scored in the victory.
The Tampa Bay Rowdies head to Connecticut to close the 2019 USL Championship regular season. This will be the Rowdies first-ever match in Connecticut.
The Rowdies officially clinched their spot in the USL Championship Playoffs on September 18 but the battle for seeding remains tight. Tampa Bay controls its own destiny for a potential home game in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals. If the Rowdies win in Hartford, they will secure the No. 4 seed and host the No. 5 seed at Al Lang Stadium next Saturday, October 26 at 7:30 p.m. If the Rowdies fail to win in Hartford, their fate will depend of the result of New York (at Loudoun) and Louisville City FC (at Memphis). Tampa Bay holds a one-point edge on both teams for the No. 4 seed. New York kicks off at 7:30 p.m. and Louisville kicks off at 8 p.m.
Since winning three-straight matches from June 22 to July 7, the Rowdies have struggled for consistency. In its last 16 matches, Tampa Bay has only posted the same result in consecutive matches twice, losses to Birmingham on August 10 and North Carolina on August 21. In those 16 matches, the Rowdies have posted a record of 6-6-4 (W-L-T). Tampa Bay lost just once in the previous 17 matches.
Tampa Bay boasts the second-best goal differential in the Eastern Conference, and third-best in the USL Championship overall, at +29. Amongst teams in the East, only Nashville's mark of +30 is better heading into the final weekend of the regular season. In the Eastern Conference, only New York (71) has scored more goals than the Rowdies (60.)
It has been a record-setting season for the Rowdies already with more room for improvement. Tampa Bay's 16 wins this season are a Modern Era (2010-current) club record for wins in a season. The 2019 Rowdies have earned 58 points so far, surpassing the 53 points won by the 2017 Rowdies for the most in a Modern Era season.
Sebastian Guenzatti leads the Rowdies in scoring this season with 18 goals, good for third-best in the USL Championship and a new Modern Era Rowdies regular season record. Guenzatti has scored in five of his last seven starts.
QUESTIONABLE - Dom Oduro (ankle)
QUESTIONABLE - Leo Fernandes (hamstring)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 19, 2019
- San Antonio FC Ends Season with 2-2 Home Draw vs. Colorado Springs - San Antonio FC
- Memphis 901 FC, Sporting Director Andrew Bell Part Ways - Memphis 901 FC
- Memphis 901 FC Concludes Inaugural Season - Memphis 901 FC
- Fury FC Fall 3-1 on the Road in Their Last Regular Season Game - Ottawa Fury FC
- Switchbacks FC Defy Odds to Complete Comeback in Season Finale - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- ATL UTD 2 Falls 3-0 at Nashville SC - Atlanta United 2
- Rowdies to Open Playoffs in Louisville - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Hartford Closes out Inaugural USL Championship Season with 2-1 Win at the Death - Hartford Athletic
- Pickens Wins Golden Glove and Sits Atop USL Championship with 14 Clean Sheets - Nashville SC
- North Carolina FC Closes out Regular Season with Thrilling 1-0 Win as Captain Austin Da Luz Is Honored - North Carolina FC
- Loudoun United Defeat the New York Red Bulls II 7-3 at Segra Field - Loudoun United FC
- Nashville Moves into First Place with Win in Final Regular Season Match - Nashville SC
- Indy Eleven to Host New York Red Bulls II in Postseason Opener Next Saturday at Carroll Stadium - Indy Eleven
- Independence Go out with a Bang - Charlotte Independence
- Reno 1868 FC Clinches Second Seed in the Western Conference - Reno 1868 FC
- STLFC Season Ends with 1-0 Loss Away to North Carolina FC - Saint Louis FC
- Match Preview: #HFDvTBR - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Bethlehem Steel FC Buried by Charleston - Philadelphia Union II
- Real Monarchs SLC Clinch Home Playoff Match with 3-0 Win over Sacramento Republic FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Republic FC Downed in Utah, Play-In Game Wednesday Guaranteed - Sacramento Republic FC
- Battery Clinch Postseason Spot After Dominant Display - Charleston Battery
- How to Follow: Nashville SC vs. Atlanta United 2 - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Looking to Continue Strong Run in Playoff Tune-Up vs. Atlanta United 2 - Nashville SC
- GameDay: LouCity at Memphis 901 FC - Louisville City FC
- Phoenix Rising Caps Historic 2019 Regular Season with 3-1 Win over OKC Energy on $1 Beer Night - Phoenix Rising FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.