Game Preview: Blades Visit Pats in Big City Showdown
Saskatoon Blades (28-22-2-3) at Regina Pats (19-30-3-2)
Date | Time Friday, Feb. 21st | 7:00pm CST
Place Brandt Centre, Regina, SK
Video Stream WHL Live
Radio 98 COOL FM | Pre-Game Show w/ Les Lazaruk @ 6:00pm CST
Mobile App Apple | Android
Next Home Game 7:00pm Feb. 22nd vs Swift Current Broncos
Social Media @BladesHockey| Facebook | Instagram
Official Viewing Party Shoeless Joe's Sports Grill Saskatoon
It's meeting number three of a six-game season series between the Saskatoon Blades and Regina Pats. Saskatoon will try for their first win in the season series as they've gone 0-0-1-1 in the previous two meetings. The Blades should be well rested coming off a 6-4 road win last Saturday in Swift Current over the Broncos, while the Pats will try to snap a 2-game skid- their last outing was a 5-2 loss in Prince Albert on Tuesday.
Head to head...
These two division rivals didn't meet up this season until January 26th. The Pats have taken both previous meetings which both required extra time. Regina won 4-3 in OT at home in the first matchup, and then edged the Blades 3-2 in a shootout on February 5th. Scott Walford and Kyle Crnkovic each have 3 points for the Blades in the series... Riley Krane and Ryker Evans have the same for Regina. Saskatoon is 1/10 on the man advantage in the series and a perfect 8/8 on the PK.
Saskatoon heads into Friday night 4 points behind Brandon for 3rd place in the East Division, 8 points behind Winnipeg, and 10 points behind 1st place Prince Albert. Brandon is at home to Edmonton tonight while Winnipeg and Prince Albert have the night off.
The Blades will return home Saturday night to host the Swift Current Broncos at SaskTel Centre. The night is will be focused on raising funds for the Children's Wish Foundation in partnership with the Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority. Proceeds from the 50/50 draw and chuck-a-puck will be donated to the local branch of the Children's Wish Foundation.
Following the game tomorrow night, Blades' leading scorer Tristen Robins will be signing autographs at the Canadian Tire Autograph Zone on the concourse. Fans can get their Tristen Robins posted in the game day program for a $1 donation to JumpStart Saskatoon.
Then next Friday the Blades will welcome arch-rival and division leaders, the Prince Albert Raiders, for Chase Wouters Bobblehead Night presented by BHP.
Tickets for all Blades home game are available online or visiting the SaskTel Centre box office. For group rates, suite bookings, or experience packages call the Blades office at 306-975-8844 or email email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2020
- Broncos Show Promise in Loss to Chiefs - Swift Current Broncos
- Wheat Kings Special Teams Make the Difference in Win over Oil Kings - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Road Trip Ends with a Loss in Lethbridge - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Blades Get Huge Win in Regina - Saskatoon Blades
- Hometown Kid Ices 5-1 Win at Swift Current - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks and adidas Announce New Alternate Crest and Third Jersey - Portland Winterhawks
- Blades Pull away from Pats - Regina Pats
- CFB Shilo Family Wins Home Depot Backyard Rink Contest - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Zoom+Care Mental Health Night to Raise Funds for Lines for Life and Canadian Mental Health Association - Portland Winterhawks
- Giants Sign 2002-Born Forward Kadyn Chabot - Vancouver Giants
- Rebels Rookie Masters Soaked up Knowledge While out with Injury for a Lengthy Stretch - Red Deer Rebels
- Tigers Talk with Garin Bjorklund - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Game Preview: Blades Visit Pats in Big City Showdown - Saskatoon Blades
- Game Day Hub: February 21 - Portland Winterhawks
- Game 56 vs Tri-City - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Oil Kings and Raiders Visit for Double Header Weekend at Westoba Place - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Friday, February 21 at Vancouver - Calgary Hitmen
- Game Day Preview: Pats Start Three in Three Weekend at Home to Saskatoon Friday - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.