Matt Davis made 29 saves to backstop the Green Bay Gamblers to 2-1 win over the Janesville Jets on Friday at the Resch Center. Jake Schmaltz started the scoring at the 16:16 mark of the opening period. After a scoreless 2nd period, Green Bay upped their lead to 2-0 on Cam Van Sickle first career USHL goal (11:01). Janesville scored in the final minute to round out the scoring.
The two teams meet again tomorrow at the Resch Center. Puck drops at 7:05 PM. Box office opens at 10:00 AM on Saturday. Tickets also available at gamblershockey.com
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2021
- Phantoms Fall to Chicago 4-2 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Force Fall to the Buccaneers - Fargo Force
- Storm Shut out Stars in 5-0 Win - Tri-City Storm
- Hawks, Muskies Play Another Tight One - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Gamblers Win - Green Bay Gamblers
- Stars Shut out in Tri-City - Lincoln Stars
- Second Period Hurts Herd, Lose 2-1 in Omaha - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Steel Prevail with 4-2 Victory in Youngstown - Chicago Steel
- Gamblers Add Defenseman - Green Bay Gamblers
- Garrity to Step Down as USHL President and Commissioner in 2021 - USHL
- Storm Host Stars for Annual "Pack It in Purple" Game - Tri-City Storm
- Lancers Sweep USHL Players of the Week Award - Omaha Lancers
- Weekend Preview: Stampede at Home - Omaha Lancers
- Weekend Preview: Waterloo - Sioux City Musketeers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.