Frogs Hop into Second Place, 5-1
EVERETT, Wash. - Felix Hernandez made his second rehab appearance of the season at Funko Field, pitching the first four innings of the game and helping the AquaSox defeat the Tri-City Dust Devils 5-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Robert Perez scored the Frogs' first run of the game, capitalizing on a passed ball in the bottom of the second. In the bottom of the third, Miguel Perez tagged up on a sacrifice fly just before Utah Jones took home after a wild pitch, bringing the score to 3-0.
The 'Sox continued to build on their lead in the sixth inning when Juan Camacho hit his first home run of the season to left field. Miguel Perez drove in the AquaSox' fifth run of the game, hitting an RBI triple to center field.
Nick Gatewood drove in the Dust Devils' only run of the game with an RBI single in the top of the ninth. After Kelvin Melean scored, Gatewood was thrown out at second for the third out, solidifying the Frogs' 5-1 victory.
WRAPPING IT UP
At the plate, the AquaSox registered seven hits, including two doubles, one triple and one home run. On the mound, Hernandez pitched four complete innings, allowing one hit while striking out eight batters. Brandon Williamson and Garrett Westberg pitched one inning each while Ivan Fortunato finished two innings with three strikeouts. Kipp Rollings closed the game, drawing a groundout and a pop out.
Up next, the AquaSox return to Funko Field on Thursday, August 15 to take on the Tri-City Dust Devils. Join the Frogs for Union Solidarity Night as well as Tasty Thursday! As with every Thursday home game, enjoy $2.50 Coors, Coors Light, popcorn, hot dogs and sodas! Tickets, family outings and ticket packages are available for Thursday's game! For tickets, visit AquaSox.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Volcanoes Drop First Game to Eugene 4-2 - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Dust Devils Fall to King Felix - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Emeralds Move into Tie for First Following Win over Volcanoes - Eugene Emeralds
- C's Comeback Falls Short in Extras at Spokane - Vancouver Canadians
- Nelson Shines, Hops Can Not Hold On - Hillsboro Hops
- Hawks Combo of Timely Hitting and Pitching Secure 2-1 Win over Hops - Boise Hawks
- Frogs Hop into Second Place, 5-1 - Everett AquaSox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.