Free Tickets, Hot Dogs and Prizes for Tuesday Night's NBA D-League Showcase Game
RENO, NEV, Jan. 7, 2012 - Tuesday night's NBA Development League Showcase game between the Los Angeles D-Fenders and the Iowa Energy will be sponsored by the NBA D-League, it was announced today.
Fans from all over northern Nevada can come enjoy the game compliments of the NBA D-League and enjoy a total of 1,000 free hot dogs given to those in attendance as well as the opportunity to win NBA and NBA D-League prizes, including tickets to an upcoming Sacramento Kings game, autographed basketballs, and tickets to an upcoming Bighorns game.
"The NBA D-League has been so happy with the hospitality of our community that they wanted to say thanks," said Bighorns owner, Herb Santos, Jr. "We want to invite fans from all over northern Nevada to come and experience NBA-caliber basketball."
To redeem the complimentary tickets, fan can go to the Reno Events Center box office, starting on 6 p.m. Tuesday night.
The four-day, 16-game NBA Development League Showcase, which features all 16 NBA D-League teams, tipped off today at the Reno Events Center in Reno, Nev., home of the NBA D-League's Reno Bighorns. This season's event will also include a three-point shooting competition and a slam dunk contest and, for the first time, all 16 games, as well as the skills competitions will be televised nationally, with two games airing on CBS Sports Network and the remaining 14 being broadcast by NBA TV and on the NBA D-League's YouTube channel. ###
About the Reno Bighorns: The Reno Bighorns will be celebrating their fifth anniversary during the 2012-13 season and will look to continue the success established during the 2011-12 season under the local ownership group. Season tickets are on sale today. For more information, call the Bighorns front office at 775-853-8220 or visit RenoBighorns.com. Follow us on Twitter @renobighorns and like the Bighorns on Facebook at facebook.com/bighornshoops.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 7, 2013
- Charge Injury Update - Canton Charge
- Jam Fly Past Skyforce - Bakersfield Jam
- Bakersfield Too Much for Sioux Falls at 2013 NBA D-League Showcase - G League
- Rockets Assign Patrick Beverley to Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Houston Rockets Assign Patrick Beverly to NBA D-League Affiliate Rio Grande Valley Vipers - G League
- Legends Use Breakout Fourth Quarter to Hold off Stampede - G League
- Tulsa's Rautins And Sutton To Compete In 3-Point, Slam Dunk Contests - Tulsa 66ers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Shawn Taggart from Springfield - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Springfield Acquires Paul Carter - Springfield Armor
- Free Tickets, Hot Dogs and Prizes for Tuesday Night's NBA D-League Showcase Game - Reno Bighorns
- Vipers Rattle off Victory to Open up 2013 NBA D-League Showcase - G League
- Travis Leslie Named NBA D-League Player of the Month - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Santa Cruz' Travis Leslie Named NBA Development League - G League
- 2013 NBA D-League Showcase Tips off Today - Reno Bighorns
- Sioux Falls' Donald Sloan Signs with New Orleans Hornets - G League
- Energy Announce Record December Attendance - Iowa Wolves
- Cavaliers Recall Leuer - Canton Charge
- 2013 NBA D-League Showcase Tips off Today - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.