Force Top Storm in a Dominant Win
After last weekend's sweep the Force hit the road to Nebraska for a full weekend of games. Tonight's game vs. the Tri-City Storm was a hot start to the weekend, as the Force came up with a 5-2 win in Kearney.
It was the third 5 goal game in a row for the Force in tonight's dominant performance. University of Minnesota commit Tristan Broz started off the scoring for the night. He scored four minutes into the first as he went end to end before firing it into the top way the net. Kieran Cebrian of Tri-City responded with a goal of his own shortly after, the first of his career. However, it wasn't long before the Force took back the lead they would keep for the rest of the game. Ryan Siedem put the Force up with a point shot through a screen at 17:33 in the first, assisted by Casey McDonald. That tally was followed less than a minute later, as Owen Gallatin set up Jake Braccini with a pretty back door pass to give the Force a 3-1 to end the opening frame.
The second period was all Fargo, as they scored the only 2 goals. The first came off a wicked wrist shot by Jake Braccini, his second of the game. His performance tonight earned him the title of "Star of the Game." The second from Force defenseman Nick Strom, his first of the season, he was assisted by Bargholtz and Slukynsky. The Storm outshot the Force in both one and two but couldn't get anything through.
Early in the third Tri-City scored the first and only goal of the third period, but the Force shut them down the rest of the way for the win in game 1 of the series. Force goalie Brennan Boynton had a big night in the net with 28 stops on 30 attempts. The Force look to repeat tonight's win as they take on Tri-City in game 2 of the weekend tomorrow night at 7:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 20, 2020
- Stampede Top Lancers, 4-2 - Omaha Lancers
- Steel Capture First Win of the Season - Chicago Steel
- Stampede Rally to Earn First Win of Season - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Storm Drop Opening Game of Weekend to Force - Tri-City Storm
- Force Top Storm in a Dominant Win - Fargo Force
- Muskeeters/Lancers Rescheduled for April - Sioux City Musketeers
- Musketeers Announce 2020-21 FVH Hot Shots - Sioux City Musketeers
- Storm Host Force in Back to Back Games at Viaero Center - Tri-City Storm
- Hunter Strand & Todd Scott Named USHL Players of the Week - Tri-City Storm
- Hunter Strand (Tri-City), Mackie Samoskevich (Chicago), Tyler Dunbar (Muskegon) and Todd Scott (Tri-City) Earn Weekly Honors - USHL
- Mackie Samoskevich Named USHL Forward of the Week - Chicago Steel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.