Force Announce Trade with Lincoln
February 7, 2023 - United States Hockey League (USHL) - Fargo Force News Release
The Fargo Force have announced a 1 for 1 trade with the Lincoln Stars. Defenseman Marian Mosko will be joining the Force's blueline corp. Heading to Nebraska will be forward German Yavash.
Mosko is currently in his 1st full season in the USHL, and has 1 goal and 2 assists for 3 points with 16 penalty minutes and a +2 rating in 24 games with the Stars. The 2004 left shot D-man is 5'11 and 187 lbs and is committed to Cornell University. He was a teammate of Force goaltender Matej Marinov on Team Slovakia in the recent World Juniors Tournament. Last season, Mosko played at Selects Academy in South Kent, CT, and was 2nd on the team in scoring with 42 points in 59 games.
"We are pleased to acquire Marian Mosko", said Force General Manager, Cary Eades. "He is a very mobile, puck moving defenseman that should fit in well with our up tempo style of play. We have a ton of games coming up, including 5 home games in 9 days this coming week, so depth on our blueline is important to the team as we head into the stretch run of the season."
Yavash is in his 2nd season in the USHL after joining the Force in November of 2021. Last year the left shot winger racked up 9 goals and 14 assists for 23 points in 42 games. This season he had 5 + 4 = 9 in 33 games with Fargo. Yavash totaled 138 penalty minutes over his 2 years with the Force.
"We want to thank Yavie for his contributions to the Force over the past 2 seasons," said Eades. "We wish him all the best in Lincoln, and on into his NCAA career."
Mosko will wear #32 for the Force, and will be joining the Force for practice in the next day or two.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2023
- Alumni Update: Chase Brand - Madison Capitols
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Stars Acquire Yavash from Fargo - Lincoln Stars
- Force Announce Trade with Lincoln - Fargo Force
- Bump Traded to Tri-City; Lancers Acquire Haden Kruse & Massive Group of Draft Picks - Omaha Lancers
- Benoit to Waterloo; Lancers Receive High Value Draft Picks - Omaha Lancers
- Hawks Deal for Defenseman - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Storm Acquires Alex Bump - Tri-City Storm
- Fighting Saints Raise over $10,000 on Stick It to Cancer Night - Dubuque Fighting Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.