Florida Panthers Agree to Entry Level Contract with G Sam Brittain
SUNRISE, Fla. - Florida Panthers Executive Vice President and General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the club has agreed to an entry-level contract with G Sam Brittain. In addition, the club also announced that they agreed to a one-year, two-way contract with D Blake Parlett.
Brittain, 22, appeared in 39 games with the Denver Pioneers (NCHC) this season, posting a 19-14-6 mark with a 2.22 GAA, a .946 save percentage and five shutouts. He led Denver to the inaugural NCHC Championship and was named 2014 NCHC Goalie of the Year. Brittain was also one of five finalists for the Mike Richter Award, given to the goalie who best displays outstanding skill on the ice, along with academic achievement, sportsmanship and community service.
During his rookie year with Denver (2010-2011), he ranked first among NCAA rookie goaltenders in wins (19) and third in goals against average (2.28) and save percentage (.921). For his career with the Pioneers, Brittain played in 97 games going 51-34-11 with seven shutouts. The Calgary, Alberta, native was selected by Florida in the fourth round (92nd overall) in the 2010 NHL Draft.
Parlett, 25, spent the 2013-2014 season in the American Hockey League playing in both Springfield and Providence. In 62 games with the two clubs, he recorded four goals, 19 assists and 31 PIM. In four AHL seasons, the Bracebridge, Ontario, native has played in 217 games registering 81 points (18-63-81) and 179 penalty minutes.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 2, 2014
- Dallas Stars Sign Left Wing Brendan Ranford to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- Jets Agree to Terms with Will O'Neill - St. John's IceCaps
- Jets Agree to Terms with Michael Hutchinson - St. John's IceCaps
- Florida Panthers to Open Development Camp on July 7 - San Antonio Rampage
- Red Wings Sign Miele - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canucks Sign O'Reilly, Jeffrey and Sanguinetti - Utica Comets
- Illinois Natives Sign with IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Troy Mann Named Head Coach of Hershey Bears Hockey Club - Hershey Bears
- Cumiskey Signs with Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- Florida Panthers Agree to Entry Level Contract with G Sam Brittain - San Antonio Rampage
- Minnesota Wild Agrees to Terms with Forward Joel Rechlicz - Iowa Wild
- : Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Chris Bourque - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Minnesota Wild Signs D Stu Bickel, D Guillaume Gelinas to Entry-Level Contract - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Sign Bolduc, Campbell, Hodgman, McKenna & Reese - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Sign Forward Joe Vitale to Three-Year Contract - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids