Cumiskey Signs with Blackhawks
Chicago, Ill. - The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have agreed to terms with defenseman Kyle Cumiskey (kuh-MIHS-kee) on a one-year contract.
Cumiskey, 27, recorded 28 points (4g, 24a) in 45 games last season with MODO of the Swedish Hockey League. He shared 12th in the SHL, third among defensemen, in assists and shared fifth among league blueliners in points.
The Abbottsford, British Columbia, native posted 60 points (11g, 49a) in 91 career games with MODO from 2012 to 2014. He appeared in 132 career National Hockey League regular-season games with the Colorado Avalanche from 2006 to 2011, registering 35 points (9g, 26a) in those contests. Cumiskey saw action in six Stanley Cup Playoff games with the Avalanche in 2010, recording two points (1g, 1a). He has also tallied 81 points (19g, 62a) in 153 career American Hockey League games with Albany, Lake Erie and Syracuse and three assists in nine Calder Cup Playoff games with Albany and Syracuse. Cumiskey played for Canada at the 2010 World Championships, earning three assists in seven games.
Prior to his professional career, Cumiskey recorded 79 points (12g, 67a) in 177 career Western Hockey League games with Kelowna from 2003 to 2006. He recorded 19 assists in 53 career postseason games and helped Kelowna capture the Memorial Cup championship in 2004.
Cumiskey was originally selected by the Colorado Avalanche in the seventh round, 222nd overall, of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
Season Tickets for 2014-15 Now on Sale: Reserve your seats today for the IceHogs 16th season of professional hockey and eighth as the AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks. Call (815) 847-6399 or visit icehogs.com to find a ticket package that fits your needs.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 2, 2014
- Dallas Stars Sign Left Wing Brendan Ranford to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- Jets Agree to Terms with Will O'Neill - St. John's IceCaps
- Jets Agree to Terms with Michael Hutchinson - St. John's IceCaps
- Florida Panthers to Open Development Camp on July 7 - San Antonio Rampage
- Red Wings Sign Miele - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canucks Sign O'Reilly, Jeffrey and Sanguinetti - Utica Comets
- Illinois Natives Sign with IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Troy Mann Named Head Coach of Hershey Bears Hockey Club - Hershey Bears
- Cumiskey Signs with Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- Florida Panthers Agree to Entry Level Contract with G Sam Brittain - San Antonio Rampage
- Minnesota Wild Agrees to Terms with Forward Joel Rechlicz - Iowa Wild
- : Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Chris Bourque - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Minnesota Wild Signs D Stu Bickel, D Guillaume Gelinas to Entry-Level Contract - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Sign Bolduc, Campbell, Hodgman, McKenna & Reese - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Sign Forward Joe Vitale to Three-Year Contract - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Recall Defenseman Cliff Watson from Indy; Receive Wyatt Kalynuk from Blackhawks
- Defenseman Wyatt Kalynuk Assigned to the IceHogs
- Griffins Grab Early Lead and Skate to 6-2 Victory over the IceHogs
- Rockford IceHogs Medical Update
- Blackhawks Recall Ian Mitchell from Rockford