Coyotes Sign Bolduc, Campbell, Hodgman, McKenna & Reese
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney announced today that the Coyotes have signed forward Alex Bolduc, defenseman Andrew Campbell, forward Justin Hodgman, goaltender Mike McKenna and defenseman Dylan Reese to one-year, two-way contracts. As per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Bolduc collected 18-19-37 and 82 penalty minutes (PIM) in 59 games with the Chicago Wolves (AHL) last season. The 29-year-old native of Montreal, Quebec has recorded 2-3-5 and 42 PIM in 62 career NHL games with the Vancouver Canucks and Coyotes. He appeared in 16 games with the Coyotes from 2011-13. Bolduc was originally drafted by the St. Louis Blues in the fourth round (127th overall) in the 2003 Entry Draft.
The 6-foot-4, 206-pound Campbell recorded 3-13-16 and 58 PIM in 69 games with the Manchester Monarchs (AHL) in 2013-14. The 26-year-old native of Caledonia, Ontario also appeared in three games with the Los Angeles Kings. Campbell was originally drafted by Los Angeles in the third round (74th overall) in the 2008 Entry Draft.
In 2013-14, the 6-foot-1, 196-pound Hodgman registered 3-6-9 and 12 PIM in 18 games with Magnitogorsk Metallurg (KHL). The 26-year-old native of Brampton, Ontario also posted 1-6-7 with six PIM in 14 games with Nizhny Novgorod Torpedo (KHL) and 7-3-10 with 12 PIM in 17 games with Vladivostok Admiral (KHL).
Last season, the 6-foot-2, 190-pound McKenna recorded a 22-10-1 record with a .910 save percentage (SV%) and a 2.54 goals against average (GAA) in 36 games with the Springfield Falcons (AHL). The 31-year-old native of St. Louis, Mo., also registered a 1-1-1 mark with a .904 SV% and a 3.01 GAA in four games with the Columbus Blue Jackets. McKenna owns an .891 SV% and a 3.40 GAA in 21 career NHL games with the Tampa Bay Lightning, New Jersey Devils and Blue Jackets. He was originally drafted by the Nashville Predators in the sixth round (172nd overall) in the 2002 Entry Draft.
Last season, the 6-foot-1, 201-pound Reese collected 2-5-7 and 20 PIM in 45 games with Khabarovsk Amur (KHL). The 29-year-old native of Pittsburgh, Pa., has registered 3-14-17 and 40 PIM in 77 career NHL games with the New York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins. He was originally drafted by the New York Rangers in the seventh round (209th overall) in the 2003 Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 2, 2014
- Dallas Stars Sign Left Wing Brendan Ranford to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- Jets Agree to Terms with Will O'Neill - St. John's IceCaps
- Jets Agree to Terms with Michael Hutchinson - St. John's IceCaps
- Florida Panthers to Open Development Camp on July 7 - San Antonio Rampage
- Red Wings Sign Miele - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canucks Sign O'Reilly, Jeffrey and Sanguinetti - Utica Comets
- Illinois Natives Sign with IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Troy Mann Named Head Coach of Hershey Bears Hockey Club - Hershey Bears
- Cumiskey Signs with Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- Florida Panthers Agree to Entry Level Contract with G Sam Brittain - San Antonio Rampage
- Minnesota Wild Agrees to Terms with Forward Joel Rechlicz - Iowa Wild
- : Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Chris Bourque - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Minnesota Wild Signs D Stu Bickel, D Guillaume Gelinas to Entry-Level Contract - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Sign Bolduc, Campbell, Hodgman, McKenna & Reese - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Sign Forward Joe Vitale to Three-Year Contract - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.