: Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Chris Bourque
NEW YORK, July 2, 2014 - New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the team has agreed to terms with free agent forward Chris Bourque.
Bourque, 28, split this past season between Ak Bars Kazan of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) and EHC Biel of National League A (NLA) in Switzerland. He tallied two goals, along with six penalty minutes in 11 games with Ak Bars Kazan. In 21 contests with Biel, Bourque registered six goals and seven assists for 13 points, along with 14 penalty minutes. He also tallied four goals and four assists for eight points, along with four penalty minutes in 12 postseason contests with Biel. Bourque tied for fourth on Biel in goals during the postseason.
In 51 career NHL games with Washington, Pittsburgh, and Boston, the 5-8, 180-pounder has registered two goals and six assists for eight points, along with 18 penalty minutes. Bourque made his NHL debut as a member of the Capitals on November 6, 2007 at Atlanta, and tallied his first career NHL point with a goal on December 20, 2008 at Buffalo. In 2012-13, Bourque recorded one goal and three assists for four points in 18 games with Boston. He registered the first game-winning goal of his career on February 2, 2013 at Toronto.
Bourque has also tallied 142 goals and 291 assists for 433 points, along with 306 penalty minutes and a plus-54 rating in 437 career games in the American Hockey League (AHL). In 2011-12, he led the AHL in assists (66) and points (93), and was named to the AHL's First All-Star Team while playing with the Hershey Bears. Bourque has won three Calder Cup Championships (2005-06, 2008-09, 2009-10), and was named AHL Playoffs MVP in 2010 after registering seven goals and 20 assists for 27 points in 21 playoff contests.
The Boston, Massachusetts native was originally selected by Washington in the second round, 33rd overall, of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 2, 2014
- Dallas Stars Sign Left Wing Brendan Ranford to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- Jets Agree to Terms with Will O'Neill - St. John's IceCaps
- Jets Agree to Terms with Michael Hutchinson - St. John's IceCaps
- Florida Panthers to Open Development Camp on July 7 - San Antonio Rampage
- Red Wings Sign Miele - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canucks Sign O'Reilly, Jeffrey and Sanguinetti - Utica Comets
- Illinois Natives Sign with IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Troy Mann Named Head Coach of Hershey Bears Hockey Club - Hershey Bears
- Cumiskey Signs with Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- Florida Panthers Agree to Entry Level Contract with G Sam Brittain - San Antonio Rampage
- Minnesota Wild Agrees to Terms with Forward Joel Rechlicz - Iowa Wild
- : Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Chris Bourque - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Minnesota Wild Signs D Stu Bickel, D Guillaume Gelinas to Entry-Level Contract - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Sign Bolduc, Campbell, Hodgman, McKenna & Reese - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Sign Forward Joe Vitale to Three-Year Contract - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Wolf Pack Stories
- Rangers Recall Goaltender Adam Húska from Wolf Pack, Reassign Wall to Hartford
- Rangers Recall Forward Morgan Barron from Wolf Pack
- Wolf Pack Announce Postponement of Games on December 3rd and 4th
- Wolf Pack vs. Thunderbirds Game on December 1st Postponed
- Wolf Pack Recall Taylor from Loan; Brassard Assigned to ECHL Jacksonville