Fever and Sun Meet in Connecticut for Commissioner's Cup Matchup
Searching for the first win at the Connecticut Sun dating back to 2016, the Indiana Fever take on Connecticut at Mohegan Sun Arena on Friday at 7 p.m. ET for the first of four meetings this season.
The Fever are hoping to bounce back after a pair of home losses to Atlanta last week. The Fever fell to the Dream, 101-79, on Tuesday.
Victoria Vivians finished with a season-high 16 points and matched a season-best six rebounds. Queen Egbo set a new career-high with 12 points and Danielle Robinson finished with 12 as the remaining Fever players to score in double figures.
Emily Engstler earned the first start in her WNBA career and set a new career-best with 10 rebounds to go along with seven points.
Lexie Hull came off the bench to have her highest scoring mark this season, while Destanni Henderson went 3-of-4 from 3-point range to match her best shooting night from beyond the arc this season.
The Sun have only played three games so far this season and are 2-1 after winning at home against Los Angeles on Saturday and in New York on Tuesday.
Alyssa Thomas leads Connecticut in scoring at 20 points per game and also is averaging 8 boards and 3.3 assists per contest. DeWanna Bonner is second in scoring at 16.3 points per game, while Jonquel Jones (14.7 points and 8.3 rebounds), Brionna Jones (11.7 points and 5 rebounds), and DiJonai Carrington (10.3 points and 4.7 boards) are also scoring in double figures.
Fever: NaLyssa Smith - doubtful (right ankle)
Livestream: Indiana Fever Facebook Page
Pat Boylan (play-by-play), Tully Bevilaqua (analyst)
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 20, 2022
- Mystics at Dream Postgame Notes - May 20 - Washington Mystics
- Strong Fourth Quarter from Fever Not Enough against Connecticut - Indiana Fever
- Las Vegas Aces Injury Report for Saturday, May 21 vs. Phoenix - Las Vegas Aces
- Media Advisory Phoenix Mercury at Las Vegas Aces - May 21, 2022 - Phoenix Mercury
- Help the Aces Break the Basketball Knockout World Record on Kids Day, Saturday, May 21 - Las Vegas Aces
- Dallas Squares off against Minnesota at College Park Center - Dallas Wings
- Shenseea Is the Connecticut Sun's 2022 Music Ambassador - Connecticut Sun
- This Is Project Texas and WNBA Dallas Wings Announce Partnership - Dallas Wings
- Fever and Sun Meet in Connecticut for Commissioner's Cup Matchup - Indiana Fever
- Chicago Sky Activate Copper; Release Krajišnik - Chicago Sky
- May 19 - Minnesota Lynx at Las Vegas Aces Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Young's Season-High 25 Points Lead Aces to 93-87 Win over Visiting Lynx - Las Vegas Aces
- Wings Blaze Past Mercury, 94 - 84 - Dallas Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indiana Fever Stories
- Fever Face Mercury for Final Game of Regular Season Series
- Fever Drop First of Consecutive Games against the Mercury
- Fever Play First of Back-To-Back Games against Mercury on Monday Night
- Kelsey Mitchell Scores 22 in Fever Loss to Dallas
- Game Preview: Indiana Begins Four-Game Road Trip in Dallas