Fetterly Scores Thrice, Downs Battle Creek 10-3
It took a while for the Prowlers to get going. But when they did, they came at full force.
The Rumble Bees came out fast scoring a pair of goals before the first media timeout.
It wouldn't be until the 16:01 mark when Justin Portillo's outstretched stick poked in the first goal of the evening.
Austin Fetterly would find the back of the net in the waning seconds of the first period, taking the game into the first intermission with a 2-2 deadlock.
The Prowlers then turned it up to a level that Battle Creek couldn't match.
Seven second period goals would put the game out of reach.
Jay, Graham, Zulkanycz, Fetterly, Graham again, Porter, and Jay again would all be the benefactors of the Prowlers second period.
Porters goal would be his first pro goal, coming at the age of 44.
Fetterly would score his third and final goal in the third period. What made it all the more special, is that he accomplished this on his late fathers birthday, who was honored before the game.
The Prowlers will be back in action on Wednesday when they host the Danville Dashers.
Images from this story
Austin Fetterly and the Port Huron Prowlers celebrate a goal
• Discuss this story on the Federal Prospects Hockey League message board...
Federal Prospects Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2020
- Fetterly Scores Thrice, Downs Battle Creek 10-3 - Port Huron Prowlers
- River Dragons Win Weekend Series - Watertown Wolves
- Enforcers Trick Danbury, Sweep Weekend with 3-2 Win - Elmira Enforcers
- Dashers Top Ice Breakers For Weekend Sweep - Mentor Ice Breakers
- Thunderbirds Shutout Delaware - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Late Goal Gives Enforcers 3-2 Win in Danbury - Danbury Hat Tricks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.