River Dragons Win Weekend Series
The Watertown Wolves went into Saturday's game against the Columbus River Dragons hoping to bounce back after a tough loss on Friday night.
The first period saw the Wolves throw the body around, which resulted in them having possession for most of the period. Two River Dragons penalties saw the Wolves pile up the shots, outshooting them 22 to 15. Cameron Dimmitt would score with 15 seconds left in the period.
The second period saw the River Dragons MJ Graham score short-handed assisted by Liarakos and Trumbley. Santopoalo would score assisted by Moskal and Bondarenko. Chase Fallis would score the fourth goal of the period. The River Dragons would outshoot the Wolves in the period.
The third period saw the Wolves struggle. CJ Hayes, MJ Graham, and Parker Moskal would all score for the River Dragons. Will Harvey would come in to relieve Jeremy Pominville.
The Wolves are back in action on Wednesday when they take on the Elmira Enforcers at home.
• Discuss this story on the Federal Prospects Hockey League message board...
Federal Prospects Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2020
- Fetterly Scores Thrice, Downs Battle Creek 10-3 - Port Huron Prowlers
- River Dragons Win Weekend Series - Watertown Wolves
- Enforcers Trick Danbury, Sweep Weekend with 3-2 Win - Elmira Enforcers
- Dashers Top Ice Breakers For Weekend Sweep - Mentor Ice Breakers
- Thunderbirds Shutout Delaware - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Late Goal Gives Enforcers 3-2 Win in Danbury - Danbury Hat Tricks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.