FC Dallas Signs McKinney's Ihab "i9ibbs" Abualneel as Club's Official eMLS Athlete
Frisco, Texas - FC Dallas has signed Ihab "i9ibbs" Abualneel as the club's eMLS player for the 2020 season. Abualneel will compete for the title of the best EA SPORTS FIFA 20 player in North America.
Abualneel has been a Top 100 player during FIFA 18, FIFA 19 and FIFA 20. The McKinney resident, who met his wife at FC Dallas' Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Championship match in 2016, has a long history of FIFA success, winning GameStop's FIFA tournament in 2013, Texas Tech's FIFA tournament in 2014 and NF Cup during FIFA 2019.
"I'm a lifelong FC Dallas fan and am looking forward to representing my hometown club in eMLS," said Abualneel.
The 2020 eMLS season begins in January 2020 with eMLS League Series presented by PlayStation. League Series One will take place in Philadelphia on January 10 while League Series Two will be held in Portland on February 15. eMLS Cup presented by PlayStation takes place on March 21 in Austin during the second weekend of South by Southwest.
Full Name: Ihab "i9ibbs" Abualneel
Pronunciation: EE-hob ABU-neel
Date of Birth: 1/3/93
Hometown: McKinney, Texas
Birthplace: Newark, NJ
Transaction: FC Dallas signs eMLS player Ihab Abualneel
Connect with Ihab on Twitch and Twitter: @i9ibbs
About eMLS and eMLS Cup
Major League Soccer launched eMLS in 2018. The 2020 eMLS season will feature three new MLS clubs - LAFC, Austin FC and Nashville - for a total of 25 players who will be competing in a quest to be crowned the best EA SPORTS FIFA 20 player in North America.
As eMLS is an Official League Partner of the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series, the eMLS Cup winner will received 850 Global Series points, supporting their qualification for the Global Series Playoffs and ultimately the FIFA eWorld Cup, where the winner will be crowned the undisputed FIFA 20 World Champion.
Fans will be able to watch all three tournaments on MLSsoccer.com, as well as on Twitch and Twitter.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 6, 2019
- D.C. United Announce eSports Signing, Mohamed "KingCJ0" Alioune Diop - D.C. United
- Goalkeeper Clement Diop Signs New Contract with the Impact - Montreal Impact
- Marvin Loria Named to Costa Rica U-23 Men's National Team Roster - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Signs McKinney's Ihab "i9ibbs" Abualneel as Club's Official eMLS Athlete - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls Transfer Michael Amir Murillo to RSC Anderlecht - New York Red Bulls
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Sign Exraa as 2020 eSports Gamer - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Draw to Take Place December 9 - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Re-Signs Enrique Espinoza as eSports Player for 2020 eMLS Season - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Falls 1-0 to Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Semifinals
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know
- FC Dallas Completes Transfer of Pablo Aranguiz to Universidad de Chile
- FC Dallas Will Face Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Semifinals
- 2020 New Mexico Bowl Will be Played at Toyota Stadium