D.C. United Announce eSports Signing, Mohamed "KingCJ0" Alioune Diop
D.C. United have acquired Mohamed "KingCJ0" Alioune Diop as the club's second official professional eSports athlete to play EA SPORTS FIFA and compete in the 2020 eMLS series. Diop, an Arlington, Va., native, plays under the name "KingCJ0" and will make his first competitive appearance at the eMLS League Series One on Jan. 10 hosted by the Philadelphia Union at Talon Energy Stadium.
"I am so excited to be joining D.C. United this season as their eSports player," Diop said. "I want to thank the club for giving me this opportunity and I can't wait to represent the Black-and-Red this season!"
eMLS is expanding on all fronts for its third season in 2020, including the addition of LAFC, Austin FC and Nashville SC to the competitive gaming league.
Major League Soccer and EA SPORTS revealed details for the 2020 eMLS season, which will feature 25 teams, including newcomers LAFC, Austin FC and Nashville SC. Each club will vie for the 2020 eMLS Cup presented by PlayStation, to be played on Playstation 4 as the official console.
The calendar is highlighted by the inaugural eMLS League Series presented by PlayStation, comprised of three events: eMLS League Series One, hosted in conjunction with the Philadelphia Union in January, eMLS League Series Two, hosted by the Portland Timbers in February and eMLS Cup presented by SXSW and Playstation takes place in Austin. Each League Series will include participation from all eMLS professional FIFA players, with prizes awarded for performance in each series. Additionally, performance across the two eMLS League Series events will determine seeding for the 2020 eMLS Cup presented by SXSW and PlayStation.
eMLS is an Official League Partner of the EA SPORTS FIFA Global Series and eMLS players competing in eMLS Cup will receive points for the EA SPORTS Global Series Playoffs. Within the EA SPORTS FIFA Global Series, eMLS had three players qualify for the Global Series Playoffs in Berlin, with NYCFC's competitor advancing to the 2019 FIFA eWorld Cup in London.
Full Name: Mohamed Alioune Diop
Twitch Channel: KingCJ0__
Hometown: Arlington, Va.
Birthplace: Arlington, Va.
Country: United States
Height: 6' 6"
Favorite D.C. United Player: Bill Hamid
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 6, 2019
- D.C. United Announce eSports Signing, Mohamed "KingCJ0" Alioune Diop - D.C. United
- Goalkeeper Clement Diop Signs New Contract with the Impact - Club de Foot Montreal
- Marvin Loria Named to Costa Rica U-23 Men's National Team Roster - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Signs McKinney's Ihab "i9ibbs" Abualneel as Club's Official eMLS Athlete - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls Transfer Michael Amir Murillo to RSC Anderlecht - New York Red Bulls
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Sign Exraa as 2020 eSports Gamer - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Draw to Take Place December 9 - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Re-Signs Enrique Espinoza as eSports Player for 2020 eMLS Season - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Acquire Goalkeeper Jon Kempin from Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United Acquire Forward Adrien Perez
- Paul Arriola Selected for the First USMNT Camp of 2021
- D.C. United Appoint Danita Johnson as President of Business Operations
- D.C. United Re-Sign Goalkeeper Chris Seitz Through 2021