FC Dallas and Toyota Partner to Deliver Meals to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen
Frisco, Texas - For the eighth straight week, FC Dallas and Toyota are taking care of those who are taking care of our communities. Tonight, FCD and Toyota delivered Papa John's personal pan pizzas and bottles of Aquafina water to medical professionals arriving to the hospital for their evening shifts at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen. This delivery was done in conjunction with FC Dallas' Healthcare Heroes Rally which saw members of the FC Dallas front office cheer and show appreciation for medical professionals at 7PM CT from their vehicles in the hospital's parking lot.
"The Healthcare Heroes Rally was such a kind gesture and truly touched our hearts," said Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen Nursing Leader Michelle Pecenka. "The team at Texas Health Allen absolutely loves caring for our community. It means the world to us that FC Dallas took time out of their day to show their love and support to healthcare workers during Hospital Week."
Taking Care of Those Who Take Care of the Community in Partnership with Toyota
The partnership between Toyota and FC Dallas was born out of the need to assist the essential workers and community volunteers who continue to work and service North Texas communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
FC Dallas and Toyota kicked off the Taking Care of Those Who Take Care of the Community initiative on March 19 with meal deliveries to Frisco Fastpacs, which delivers weekend meals to food insecure students who attend Frisco Independent School District schools.
On March 31, FC Dallas and Toyota delivered Papa John's pizzas and Aquafina water to medical professionals arriving for their evening shift at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano on Tuesday, March 31.
On April 7, FC Dallas and Toyota assisted Chick-fil-A in providing 165 Chick-fil-A chicken sandwiches and bags of chips to volunteers at the North Texas Food Bank warehouse in Plano. NTFB distributes donated, purchased and prepared foods through a network of nearly 1,000 feeding programs and 262 Partner Agencies in 13 North Texas counties.
On April 14, FC Dallas and Toyota provided Rosa's gifts cards for for Taco Tuesday Plates to CoServ linemen and gas technicians in advance of National Lineman Appreciation Day which was Saturday, April 18, 2020. The electric cooperative's linemen and service personnel are working around the clock to ensure consumers have power during this time as much of the workforce has shifted to a remote work environment.
On April 21, FC Dallas and Toyota delivered meals to City House in Plano which provides for, serves and empowers children and young adults who experience abuse, neglect or homelessness.
On May 1, FC Dallas provided meals for American Red Cross staffers hosting a blood drive at Toyota Stadium.
On May 7, FC Dallas and Toyota provided Chick-fil-A meals to the homes of 10 Buckner International essential case specialists.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 13, 2020
- Diego Alonso: "The Current Condition of the Team Is StrongÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Herons from Home: Wil Trapp's #MLSIdle Worthy Voice - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Joins Top 95 Domestic Youth Soccer Clubs in Major League Soccer's Elite Player Development Platform - Nashville SC
- FC Dallas and Toyota Partner to Deliver Meals to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes, Four Team Partners Combine Forces to Feed Frontline Healthcare Workers - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo and Rio Grande Valley FC among seven teams in Texas to compete in new MLS initiative - Houston Dynamo FC
- FC Cincinnati Senior Account Executive Tabbed to "Rising 25Ã¢ÂÂ - FC Cincinnati
- Top 95 Domestic Youth Soccer Clubs, 8,000 Players, Join Major League Soccer's Elite Player Development Platform - MLS
- MNUFC and Allina Health Host Second Blood Drive at Allianz Field - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati and Cincy Shirts Team up to Celebrate 513 Day - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Homegrowns Justin Che, Jesús Ferreira and Ricardo Pepi Called into National Team Camp
- FC Dallas Announces Nico Estévez as Head Coach
- FC Dallas Announces Roster Decisions for 2022 Season
- FC Dallas U-15, U-17 and U-19 Academy Teams to Participate in MLS NEXT Fest
- FC Dallas Hosts Toronto FC in 2022 Home Opener on February 26