Everett 4 - Tri-City 0
EVERETT, Wash. - Connor Dewar and Kevin Davis each bagged two goals while Dustin Wolf earned his third shutout of his rookie season on 29 saves to help the Everett Silvertips cruise past the Tri-City Americans in a 4-0 victory before 2,997 fans in downtown Everett in WHL action on Wednesday.
On a night the Tips debut two of their new trade deadline week pickups, forward Garrett Pilon (four shots) and defenseman Ondrej Vala (+2 and 11 shots), they dumped 57 shots on Tri-City which was two off the franchise record set on Sunday vs. Victoria. The Tips moved back into first place in the U.S. Division and to a 4-1-1 record this season against Tri-City.
UP NEXT: The Tips return to the road for their next game Saturday, 7:05pm against the Spokane Chiefs (1380 AM / FM 95.3 / Tips App / WHL Live). The Silvertips return home Monday, 4:05 p.m. against Tri-City. Tickets are on sale as low as $14 at www.everettsilvertips.com/tickets.
For the second straight game, Connor Dewar started the scoring with his 17th of the season on a forehand deke for a 1-0 lead at 5:27. Dustin Wolf took over with a pair of marvelous stops, including a glove save on Parker Aucoin to keep the Tips ahead through 20 minutes.
Kevin Davis bolstered the lead to 2-0 on the first shorthanded goal of his career at 10:41 of the second period, a breakaway opportunity where he beat Patrick Dea to the blocker side.
Davis' second goal hiked the lead to 3-0 on four-on-four play at 4:35 of the third period when he converted a Matt Fonteyne and Patrick Bajkov exchange, wide open at the Tri-City net. Dewar's second snipe put the Tips ahead, 4-0 at 8:35, burying his 18th goal between the circles.
Dea stopped 47 shots before giving way to Beck Warm (six saves) for the final 9:55 of regulation.
SILVERTIPS LINE COMBOS
17 / FONTEYNE 41 / PILON 8 / BAJKOV
15 / RICHARDS 14 / SUTTER 43 / DEWAR
7 / FASKO-RUDAS 10 / O'ROURKE 19 / KINDOPP
9 / BUTT 26 / VITELLI 16 / ORMSBY
23 / CHRISTIANSEN 38 / DAVIS
42 / VALA 29 / WYLIE
20 / K. WALKER 4 / I. WALKER
32 / WOLF
31 / BELLUK
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2018
- Everett 4 - Tri-City 0 - Everett Silvertips
- Giants Earn a Single Point in a 4-3 Overtime Loss up North - Vancouver Giants
- Regina Pats (3) vs Edmonton Oil Kings (4) OT - Regina Pats
- Hitmen three-game East Division road trip continues Friday in Brandon - Calgary Hitmen
- Pats complete trade with Hurricanes for defenceman Brady Pouteau - Regina Pats
- Warriors Acquire Kale Clague - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Prince George Cougars Cougars, Winterhawks Strike Massive Deadline Deal - Prince George Cougars
- Pats Acquire Defenceman Aaron Hyman from Seattle Thunderbirds - Regina Pats
- Blazers Send Jeri-Leon to Lethbridge for Draft Pick - Kamloops Blazers
- T-Birds Acquire Jaxan Kaluski from Moose Jaw - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Giants Recall Goaltender Trent Miner for Remainder of the Season - Vancouver Giants
- Giants Trade Defenceman Austin King-Cunningham to the Tri-City Americans - Vancouver Giants
- Oil Kings Acquire Semchuk and Scott - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Giants Acquire 19-Year-Old Forward Davis Koch from the Edmonton Oil Kings - Vancouver Giants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Everett Silvertips Stories
- Silvertips Announce Hart, Bajkov, Davidson, Williams Nominated as Finalists for WHL Awards, Named to League All-Star Teams
- Silvertips Encouraging Local Businesses to Show Playoff Support in Snohomish County with Sign Campaign
- Silvertips Clinch Sixth U.S. Division Title and Top Record in the Western Conference
- Sellout Crowd Sees Tips Win in OT
- Silvertips Recall Goaltender Blake Lyda